To Queen and Country!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Fandangohxjg, Apr 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have tried to search the site for relevant information on the subject of my attestation with a little but not relevant success.

It states on my adressed letter that i will be taking my oath under the watchful eye of a LT. Col. ********

Is this the normal procedure? Should i be extra vigilant?

Any serious help on the matter is appreciated!

Time period of the oath, exact wording etc. 8O

2. I joined to escape 1980's Lancashire. I went to war and on tours because my friends did, and my loyalty was to them. You swear an oath to the crown because the Queen is our head of state (although Labour would like all the power). If you cannot commit to an oath of allegiance then you should not even bother joining IMHO.

3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

what info do u actually want and why? whats wrong with making an oath?

4. Unless you've said that you were an atheist, attestation shouldn't take long at all.

I suddenly belonged to the Church of Scotland when they discovered that an atheist couldn't swear by almighty God.

Oh yes, and they give you money afterwards too!

Best of luck.
    Regards

T_T

5. It's written on a card.
    It's not like you have to memorise it.
    Christ on a bike stage fright or what.
    if all else fails check this
    oath

6. That's the wrong oath Jeeves!

The correct one is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_army

7. what do you think is going to happen, you big tart. Just do as your told and get on with it, you cant get pregnant!!!!

8. Which is deducted straight from your first pay slip. :D which is nice!

I asked a few questions about "The Colours" and "The defending of the Colours" in a what’s all that about kind of way. LtCol said "Do you want to join or not" "yes" I said. LtCol "Just read here, sign here, take this and make sure you turn up on time, 5 minutes b4" "OK, blah blah" I said. The rest is history.

SK

9. I certainly did. At the time the opposition was the Warsaw pact whose threat to our way of life, our civil liberties and the wellbeing of our country was not matched until the 1997 election.

Your allegiance is to the Crown and your country - not to the current administration.

10. are you American? if not spell colour correctly, if you are American still spell colour correctly!

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

hahahaha new tea and keyboard please.

12. Damn right I joined for Queen & Country & am pround to have done so!

I only wish that the T***ers that call themselves the government could say the same! Their only loyalty is to a load of pr*cks out in Euro land that can guarantee that they can retire on a fat pension that we pay for and can get a pay rise each year that far exceeds everyone elses! :x :rage:

13. you only have one task..... kill the Queens enemies and destroy there equipment!!

14. Always one :roll: Spelling Police strike again. :p