To old to join ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by imcooldarnit, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi... I have just recently turned 21 years old.. pretty much dont like my job.. not exactly the brightest person out there but I am not the thickest..
    however the army is something I always considered joining I just dont know if I am wasting my time consider it due to my age? I have alot of friends who signed up when they were 16/17 kind of made me want to..

I am phsyically fit, and can do the run with a reasonable time, goto the gym 3 nights a week and do a martial art twice a week..

I dont really know what I want to do in the army though but I guess I can find out my local recruiter, I just dont want to turn up and told no place because I should have started training for it when I was younger..

Or am I being stupid? thanks
  2. Jesus, talk about leaving it late...
  3. I'll be having my 21st at Basic Training mate. 21 is by no means too old.
    At selection their were guys joining up nearly 30.
  4. Your fine at 21. Last i looked 33 was the latest you could join.

It will probably be of some benefit to you to join a little later having got rid (hopefully) of some of that imaturity that can get you into trouble when younger.

A mate of mine joined at 26, he was a WO2 after 8 years and he'll probably pick up his WO1 on the next board.
  5. If 21 were too old, all the graduates would be fcuked, wouldn't they?

You might be a few years older than some of the fuzzy young thrusters in basic, but it's no issue; if it's what you want then go for it. If you're a good candidate, enthusiastic about joining then there shouldn't be a problem.
  6. You on the other hand are far too immature to join. Now fuck off with your fuzzy felt.
  7. He can't play with his Fuzzy Felt, he's got chocolate on his fingers!
  8. Right ASSUMING this isn't a wah which it seems like it is.

21 is absolutely bloody fine to join; crack on, You'll be probably the average age there o_O

9. i have a mate who's goin to be 32 next year, and just started basic in november, i am 23 and will be starting basic in feb of next year, talk about old...wot do you want the rest of us to do then... :?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.