To jail and do not pass go do not collect you bonus or toothbrush

Discussion in 'Economics' started by BoomShackerLacker, Jun 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

What? The RAMC are all dead?
  2. what? not only are we all dead, but our motto is now " it's outrageous fidelis?

I'm outraged.*

*or sarcastic, I always get those two mixed up.
  3. The chances of any ******,er correction,banker going to jail for insider trading/fraud,or whatever you want to call it in the UK is about the same as snow falling on Bugis Street in Singapore.
  4. I'm outraged.
  5. No you're ****ing not!
  6. This is but th etip of the iceberg and everyone's kicking off. 3 or 4 banks time and it'll be old news so the politicos won'ty care less.

Apart from the fines being imposed from both sides of the pond, when will the US Jusitice Department start their extradition proceedings to send all these naughty people to their prisons? I think that will be a better benchmark on how serious the whole thing actually is.
  7. Thats lower than a Snakes belly.
  8. Wouldn't bet on it. Dave will score major brownie points if bankers are jailed. And what were you doing on Bugis Street?
  9. I serpently think that you can't get the staff these days.
  10. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Barclays got off with slap on the wrist for selling out the other banks involved, there is a good chance some of the bankers will go to court in America as the Us has form for locking up bankers. Unfortuneately here in the Uk it will business as usual as the Bankers own the politians.
  11. Checking on wan,er bankers spending their bonuses.
  12. There was never a shortage of "snow" on Bugis Street. Or anything else for that matter.