To go to the wedding or not.

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by tank6275, Apr 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. need some serious advice and thought this might be the best place. although does not directly involve my missus.

Got the missus sisters wedding next weekend, but ive made the decision not to go due to the fact that the stag party was the other weekend and almost everyone else in the family was invited apart from me.
    Not been part of the family for very long but still felt a member of the family and thought i would have been involved in this.

Am i wrong for standing my ground?

2. No. Show them that you're better than that and rock up.

It'd only be fuel for a mother to daughter "he's not good enough for you" chat anyhow.

It's also you're gfs Sisters fellas decision who went, and nothing to do with the family directly.

3. Oh, get leathered and kick his cnut in at the reception if you want to though.....that's the law.....I read it somewhere.

4. spot on cheers,theres plenty others i can take down with him as well haha!

5. No worries. There's also bound to be a camera, so it'll be on youtube before the night is over :D

6. Go and have a great time with your wife and show the rest of the family including the groom that he was the loser by not inviting you.

7. While your man's giving his little speech, sidle up and give his new missus one from behind. But remember to keep a very nonchalant expression on yer grid during the proceedings.

MsG

8. Sound advice!

OR......ring the venue where the wedding is to be held (church or whatever) and pretend to be the bloke, or his Dad. Claim that the 2 have split up for some reason (he's gay will do) and cancel the wedding.

Then, when everyone rocks up and it's all cancelled whisper to him "I hope I get an invite to the stag do for the next wedding".

9. haha whats frightning is that i am now toying with the idea!!

10. My work here is done :D

11. cheers PA thats fairly brought me out of a stinking mood,

12. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you reall want to throw a spanner in the works, find out when and where their banns of marriage are being read out (assuming it is a CofE wedding), go to the church on the day of the banns and say one of them is already married to someone else or that they are closely related. The wedding then cannot take place by law until you are proved wrong which obviously might take a little while.

13. sounds like a plan but would be CofS dunno how different the ceremony is

14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Shouldn't be too different, good luck!

15. No, you're just fucking infantile.