To deny access to Space to anyone hostile to U.S. interests

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. President Bush has signed a new National Space Policy that rejects future arms-control agreements that might limit U.S. flexibility in space and asserts a right to deny access to space to anyone "hostile to U.S. interests."

The document, the first full revision of overall space policy in 10 years, emphasizes security issues, encourages private enterprise in space, and characterizes the role of U.S. space diplomacy largely in terms of persuading other nations to support U.S. policy.

"Freedom of action in space is as important to the United States as air power and sea power," the policy asserts in its introduction.

in full

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/17/AR2006101701484.html

2. Can i start the petion to get branson labelled anti american.Can afford to fly in his rocket it would cheer me up see him get fired by laser cannon :D

3. Marvellous. Not content with trying to rule the World, the USA is now trying to rule the Universe....

Truly excellent strategic thinking.

4. -You could always send your own rocket's up into orbit.....

5. Anybody else notice the coincidence of this appearing shortly after the report that China has been 'lasing' US satellites?

6. Line Doggie - The European space programme at bayakal (IIRC) and French Guiana, DO!

7. Just wait for the launch of the Freedom Star

8. pah!

9. Hmmm....

Do Do Do Da De Da Dar De Dar Da Da Da.....etc

Use the force Tony....

I vote John Prescot to be Jabba the Hutt & Blunket as one of the evil henchmen - "Just machine gun the prisoners"

10. Dubya next election campain:

(Deep gasping sound GASSSSSH) The conistution says nobody maybe elected for more than 2 terms (GASSSSSH) So I have this new body, the flesh is week (GASSSSH)

11. Hmmm, they're not too keen on the proposed European version of GPS, either.

Does that mean they'll shoot them down, too?

Wouldn't take a lot to b*gger them up, just a cloud of small lead shot ejected into their orbits... No 7s or No 8s ought to do it! :wink:

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Where have you been for the last 37 years :twisted: ...

[​IMG]

One good reason for 'Q' branch to remain hush hush, the last thing we need is for them to break the asteroid belt 8O

13. It's hardly proposed. The finished and launched the first few satellites already!

15. I stand corrected! :D :D