To chose 1 Para RAF St Athan or 2/3 Para Colchester Garrison , advice needed

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by DlllonJ, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's still early days yet but I was looking for some advice as to what battalion to choose if I make it all the way through Para Depot.

Now first off I know nothing about life at either of these battalions so it would be nice if somebody could share an insight into what their battalion life was like if anybody were based in either of these locations.

Now before looking deep into it my initial preference would be 1 Para just because of what their role is but obviously your preference doesn't mean jack.

But I would hate to be drafted to St Athan and for it to be an absolute dive when it comes to weekends. From my assumption the night life in Colchester would be much better, I can see it being a more fun to be based here as apposed to St Athan.

Now it's not all about the night life so what things should I take into consideration before choosing my preferred battalion?

2. I think 1PARA do the choosing.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. So you're joing to Army for the night-life and week-ends?

I can see this ending in tears - yours. Nice avatar by the way, you must be nails...
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Didn't we all?
  5. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

More importantly I take it you've already passed depot with an avatar like that...?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dillon please tell me, you haven’t got that tattooed on your back have you?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Your entire motive for joining the army maybe?
  8. Come on scaley, that implies thought!
  9. Chest mate.
  10. My lad went and got some brands like that, just before getting binned from Harrogate. Tit.
  11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Why? Is there some sort of metaphysical connection between an avatar and 'passing depot'? Please, enlighten us. We're all ears.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nails, are you at the Depot yet?
  13. A fair cop guv, you got me banged to rights, I'll come quietly
  14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

No your right, turn up day one week and bang that bad boy up in poster form. Your screws will just love you for it...
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Where does he say he was going to do that then?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.