• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

To Buy or not To Buy...?

My mate who has a little less sense than the average bear is interested in purchasing a 2nd hand Spartan, mostly to urine his Mrs off...

So, here's the questions for youse guys out there;

What sort of mpg would he expect to get with the diesel engine fitted?

Are there any common faults which would require major outlay for spares?

What are the most common faults you should look out for when looking over a Spartan?

My knowledge of AFV's is limited to 439's, yeah, yeah I know ex-scaley :) All assistance gratefully received...

elovabloke

ADC
Speedkuff said:
My mate who has a little less sense than the average bear is interested in purchasing a 2nd hand Spartan, mostly to urine his Mrs off...

So, here's the questions for youse guys out there;

What sort of mpg would he expect to get with the diesel engine fitted?

Are there any common faults which would require major outlay for spares?

What are the most common faults you should look out for when looking over a Spartan?

My knowledge of AFV's is limited to 439's, yeah, yeah I know ex-scaley :) All assistance gratefully received...
Tell him to take up golf. It's cheaper and you can still piss the missus off when you go of for a week with the lads :D

Anybody else think the MoD might be regretting it's decision to sell off so many 'surplus' CVR(T)?

Would it really have been so difficult to lop the back off all those Strikers, and turn them into a modern-day Bren carrier for the light forces?

Latest Threads