To all...

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by down_under, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...Australians O/S (arrse members) and in paticular to mates in the sand pit/ghan, well it's 0230 and time to start getting ready for the first Catafaulqt(spelling) for the day. A couple of parades to go and then listen to warries from the old warriors over a couple of beers by this afternoon. Hope everyone has an outstanding day and to those Oz arrse members who're in the sandy regions stay safe and have a good one.

Lest we forget

2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Yeah, right ... we all agree with those sentiments.

And ... :?:
  3. I'm going to quote it just because it makes no sense whatsoever... :D
  4. Je aussie.
    I do hope that you've not exceeded the toucan rule?
  5. blue-sophist

Possible translation ...

"Hi, mates, I'm a bit pi66ed but I'd just like to send best wishes to the mates out there in the warry place ... chunder ... "

And ... why not ?
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Its ANZAC day downunder tomorrow, a biggie for them, and I think he's had a few :D
  7. blue-sophist

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ....

Bloody good call, then.

Go Diggers, have a safe one. :thumleft:

Forking pi66-artists ... whenever I was with them, I always ended up with a mega-headache :wink:
  8. Good on ya cobbers, have a couple of stubbies from us whinging poms! :D
  9. My Great grand father earnt the MM in Gallipoli.. I for one will be raising a glass in his honour on friday.. shame they don't serve Speights in the Mess.
  10. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Did you guys really not know it was ANZAC Day?

The dawn service to commemorate the "stand-to" seems to be a national tradition - take a look at the time of the original post, consider the time difference and you'll see they're already well into the day's events.

My Grandfather's cousin emigrated Down Under in 1913 hoping for a better life. When war broke out he volunteered, fought all through Gallipolli and was eventually killed at Pozieres on the Somme in July 1916 - blown up by a shell. His body was never found.

From a population of fewer than five million, 416,809 men enlisted, of which over 60,000 were killed and 156,000 wounded, gassed, or taken prisoner. Some record!

ANZAC Day
  11. ANZAC Biscuits all round! Mmmmmm!
  12. ANZAC Day in Baghdad is going well, Twoup and Crown & Anchor start after the AFL (Essendon vs Collingwood) finishes. Had my tot of Rum at 0400, Dawn service with some very distinguished guests (US and UK reps present) Unfortunately no Turkish or Kiwi officials though.
    Had a really good vid playing in the mess, compiled by our Geek (IT Tech), will try andpost it on here later.

Lest we forget