To all...

#1
...Australians O/S (arrse members) and in paticular to mates in the sand pit/ghan, well it's 0230 and time to start getting ready for the first Catafaulqt(spelling) for the day. A couple of parades to go and then listen to warries from the old warriors over a couple of beers by this afternoon. Hope everyone has an outstanding day and to those Oz arrse members who're in the sandy regions stay safe and have a good one.

Lest we forget

d_u
 
#3
down_under said:
...Australians O/S (arrse members) and in paticular to mates in the sand pit/ghan, well it's 0230 and time to start getting ready for the first Catafaulqt(spelling) for the day. A couple of parades to go and then listen to warries from the old warriors over a couple of beers by this afternoon. Hope everyone has an outstanding day and to those Oz arrse members who're in the sandy regions stay safe and have a good one.

Lest we forget

d_u
I'm going to quote it just because it makes no sense whatsoever... :D
 
#4
Proximo said:
down_under said:
...Australians O/S (arrse members) and in paticular to mates in the sand pit/ghan, well it's 0230 and time to start getting ready for the first Catafaulqt(spelling) for the day. A couple of parades to go and then listen to warries from the old warriors over a couple of beers by this afternoon. Hope everyone has an outstanding day and to those Oz arrse members who're in the sandy regions stay safe and have a good one.

Lest we forget

d_u
I'm going to quote it just because it makes no sense whatsoever... :D
Je aussie.
I do hope that you've not exceeded the toucan rule?
 
#5
Possible translation ...

"Hi, mates, I'm a bit pi66ed but I'd just like to send best wishes to the mates out there in the warry place ... chunder ... "



Possibly.

And ... why not ?
 
#6
Its ANZAC day downunder tomorrow, a biggie for them, and I think he's had a few :D
 
#7
Ord_Sgt said:
Its ANZAC day downunder tomorrow, a biggie for them, and I think he's had a few :D
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ....

Bloody good call, then.

Go Diggers, have a safe one. :thumleft:





Forking pi66-artists ... whenever I was with them, I always ended up with a mega-headache :wink:
 
#9
My Great grand father earnt the MM in Gallipoli.. I for one will be raising a glass in his honour on friday.. shame they don't serve Speights in the Mess.
 
#10
Did you guys really not know it was ANZAC Day?

The dawn service to commemorate the "stand-to" seems to be a national tradition - take a look at the time of the original post, consider the time difference and you'll see they're already well into the day's events.

My Grandfather's cousin emigrated Down Under in 1913 hoping for a better life. When war broke out he volunteered, fought all through Gallipolli and was eventually killed at Pozieres on the Somme in July 1916 - blown up by a shell. His body was never found.

From a population of fewer than five million, 416,809 men enlisted, of which over 60,000 were killed and 156,000 wounded, gassed, or taken prisoner. Some record!

ANZAC Day
 
#12
ANZAC Day in Baghdad is going well, Twoup and Crown & Anchor start after the AFL (Essendon vs Collingwood) finishes. Had my tot of Rum at 0400, Dawn service with some very distinguished guests (US and UK reps present) Unfortunately no Turkish or Kiwi officials though.
Had a really good vid playing in the mess, compiled by our Geek (IT Tech), will try andpost it on here later.

Lest we forget
 

Latest Threads

Top