To all those coming back from Southern AFG....

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Brandt, Oct 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fecking well done, guys.

Remember what Gen Tommy Franks said:

"When you get home and see an Anit- War protester, go up to him, look him in the eye and shake his hand. Then turn and wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she 's going out with a pussy."
  2. Quality!
  3. ROFLMAO! Welcome back 3 PARA.

Welcome back
  5. Quality,well done fella's...
  6. Good effort lads!
  7. Sky News carried a couple of live interviews with returning 3 Para Toms last night. The two i saw were with guys who had deployed to AFG straight out of the Depot. They came across very well indeed, confident, enthusiatic and a credit to the Bn. Especially the second guy who couldn't stop smiling, he even slipped out an F word and had the quick wit to apologise. Good PR.

Well done 16 Bde, hope there weren't too many sore heads this morning. Looking forward to more good PR as the guys continue to return.
  8. Welcome back home lads, good work!
  9. well done lads - hope the MoD recognise the effort with loads of tin!
  10. Welcome back guys, and well done.

Please though spare a thought for the 3 Para guys who won't be home, and for the ones in Selly Oak hospital whose lives will never be the same again. Guys - I wish you all speedy recovery.
  11. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

And we know it wasn just 3 Para who prodded buttock, all members of the battle group earned their glory...
  12. Did anyone see the brief interview with the CO? I don't know him, and haven't seen previous pictures of him, but my reaction was that he looked absolutely 'drawn out' - not knackered physically, but he was the clearest illustration of the 'pressures of command' I've seen in some time...Not an ounce of spare flesh, and 'tight as a drum'... Good on all involved.
  13. ^ Saw him and thought "fcuk me, you've had it tough boss'.

Well played lads and you know what they say...."Chin up".
  14. Welldone to all who put so much on the line!

Speedy recovery to all those who paid the price in injuries, or horrific memories.
  15. Welcome back , and RIP to those who never.