TLAs!

Why do we have to abbreviate everything?

DMICP, DII(FD), RLI, SLI, LDCN etc

Why don't we just state things in English.

e.g. DII(FD) - a satellite system giving access to either Restricted/Secret Military Intranet. Or LDCN = Restricted RAF Intranet

Don't get me started on info babble, net-centric, info ops, Information Operations Estimate & Planning -- or we are going to make more use of computer networks.

p.s. Whats EB TOPFAS / IWPC or JETTS (ASSESS)

I asses a word? Please no.

LOL....ROTFLMAO...etc etc....

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

GTF

polar said:
Oi I started a new one = What Have I Done

And as a defence contractor someone owes me £45K

.5 hours development
10 weeks project management
20 weeks Training

p.s. Don't laugh I saw the same quote given to the RAF last week for a project we didn't want to proceed.

Came across a new last week: OSINTOT

Oh shoot, I never thought of that!

msr

TA_sig said:
There would be worse things to do. Capabillity is there, why not use it and make our work go a bit smoother?

Answer to your question(s) they're apps.
Yes of course.

I was just commenting on how TLA's are used to encrypt the true meaning of applications. I wonder how much of a project is spent on deciding a good TLA. Lets call the IS SUp a Wide Area Network Knowledgeable ExpeRt or .....

Well I actually came up with another one the other day, but you'd only get it if you were in house. Was quite pleased with myself really, must have cost the project about £5- obv not a lot of time was invested there. Should probably write it up in a report as 0.1, have a technical review done to get it to 0.2, then pass to a QMS person for review and issue of FRef and then issue at 1.0 and bill straight to the customer. Would certainly increase the TCO.

polar said:
Lets call the IS SUp a Wide Area Network Knowledgeable ExpeRt or .....
You're going to get yourself in trouble, young man.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
armourer ARRSEpedia 2
boney_m Films, Music and All Things Artsy 2
Cuddles Staff College and Staff Officers 12