Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by exbleep, Oct 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All naughty words, like ****, **** etc used to be blanked out or replaced with something a little less naughty. Now, I have no problems with the words appearing in the threads. However, my missus (and sometimes grandkids) have a quick look over my shoulder in passing and there seems to be more and more thread titles with these words (very gratuitously) in the title itself which is getting a bit annoying. I would imagine anyone at work may also have the site blocked if the bosses see them. Witness: RMP - ***** or what?
    Any chance of getting this blanked out on the actual title page only? Absolutely no problem with them being in the thread as they can be skipped (have, on occasion (cough cough) been known to use them myself). I'd hate to go back to the replacement words in the thread (cos we is all big boys now, so they tell me) it's just the bit on the title page.
    And any **** that wants to jump in and slag this, please feel ******* free to do so as you're all bullshitting bastards anyway.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Bullshit Billy here, no.
  3. Slap the ***** and tell them to stop being so ******* nosey.
  4. Don't read arrse in front of your grandkids then. Surely your 29 years in the army taught you something? You boring old ****.
  5. I never swear.

That's true that is and I will kick the ******* shit out of any **** who says different.
  6. Aw, never mind. Just for you when you start your new career stacking shelves in Tesco
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Trouble is, he is in bed before the grandkids! Is it a coincidence the Camberwell Carrot comes on when ex-bleep has logged out?
  8. Not if they're both ******* the kids.
  9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Yeah - it allows you to type the naughty words, but in chat it becomes a little more puzzling. If you type "*******" then it replaces it with ******.

On the other hand, if you wish to express your delight at a fellow chatter's misfortune, it makes you look like a racist cnut. Typing the word "snigger", it decides to put a space in where it was neither asked for or wanted!