'Tis the season to be tragic

It's that time of year again for the Christmas disaster.

Top 10 Notorious Christmas Tragedies - Toptenz.net

We've had plane crashes, tsunamis, earth quakes....the lot.
So what is your predicted tragedy(man made or natural) this year and when will it be?

I'm going for the Bali volcano to erupt at 23:59 hours(local) on the 31st December 2017, which will really outdo all the worlds capital cities firework displays.

Last edited:

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

So what is your predicted tragedy(man made or natural) this year and when will it be?

I'm going for the Bali volcano to erupt at 23:59 hours(local) on the 31st December 2017, which will really outdo all the worlds capitol cities firework displays.
Happy Christmas North Korea BOOM!

I'm going for the Bali volcano to erupt at 23:59 hours(local) on the 31st December 2017, which will really outdo all the worlds capitol cities firework displays.
Christmas Day. Grand slamming after I've finished off most of the bottle of Glenfiddich I've given myself.

A Muslim fundamentalist detonates a suicide bomb on a Delhi street.

25 rapists are killed in the initial blast, though a further 48 are diagnosed with Hep A from the resulting shit storm.

Kirkz

LE
Earthquake where the resulting break away piece of land the size of Wales is actually Wales.

A massive explosion in an Austrian Gas works??

All of the people named during 2017 in the Dead Pool 2018 thread drop dead on New Years Eve 2017 (except Cheggers who popped of prematurely of course).

A tragedy for the candidates so named with the added advantage of making those who nominated them look as though they couldn't pick a winner in a one horse race.

I'm going for the Bali volcano to erupt at 23:59 hours(local) on the 31st December 2017, which will really outdo all the worlds capital cities firework displays.
The Boxing Day Tsunami hit Aceh very hard (I was posted to Indonesia at the time). Being the most pious Muslim part of the country, this was viewed as a punishment by God for not being religious enough.

If (when) Mt. Agung goes bang, Bali, being predominantly Hindu, will offer thanks to assorted Gods.

If it’s on Boxing Day, it’s probably Shiva getting peeved that yet again received Marks & Spencer’s boxer shorts from Vishnu but had thrown the receipt out with the wrapping paper and couldn’t exchange them.

The Boxing Day Tsunami hit Aceh very hard (I was posted to Indonesia at the time). Being the most pious Muslim part of the country, this was viewed as a punishment by God for not being religious enough.

If (when) Mt. Agung goes bang, Bali, being predominantly Hindu, will offer thanks to assorted Gods.

If it’s on Boxing Day, it’s probably Shiva getting peeved that yet again received Marks & Spencer’s boxer shorts from Vishnu but had thrown the receipt out with the wrapping paper and couldn’t exchange them.
Bloody Deities, muscling in on Christmas....Don't they know what it's all about FFS!

The pub being shut on Christmas Day lunchtime session would make any other world event pale into insignificance. Fortunately I don't think that will come to pass.

A massive gas explosion in Jerusalem.

I find people come together in times of tragedy and a large cataclysmic bang over there may be just what they need to sort out their differences.

Attachments

From the article:
An artist's impression showing a huge cigar-shaped object assumed to be an interstellar asteroid which could be an alien starship, scientists believe.

Yeah, sure. the scientific consensus is exactly that.
I identified a huge, cigar shaped object this morning. I assumed it was down to too much Guinness.

DamianGreen

Clanker
Someone in The Sun Or Daily Mail will claim:
To have had a close encounter of the twenty-second kind,
That's when an alien spaceship disappears up your behind!

Latest Threads