Tips for training?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by drz400:), Sep 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just starting to train for the Army, I've got a good 8months before I go in yet so plenty of time to train. But I'm wondering what would be best to boost my fitness levels and overall stamina? At the moment I do running, weights, climbing, standard stuff (press-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups). Is there anything else I can do to help?

2. H3

H3 LE

Sounds like your doing enough ..... Possibly swimming could be added into the routine if not just up the effort when your training .

3. british army fitness guide is available online and a basic routine is available from the afco.

4. Ok, I'll look in to it, thanks!

5. Run at a comfortable pace for 5 miles 3-4 times per week, and spend 1 additional session a week on sprinting then jog, sprinting then jog.
    Always remember to stretch and cool down properly.
    Do as many set ups, pull ups, dips, weight training as you can.
    And always have a day or 2 per week off from training, to allow your body to recover properly.

6. Don't do too much weights in the gym, you don't need to be a body builder to finish basic training. Just make sure you can do way above the PFA standards for sit ups and push ups, say 80 of each and get running. Good luck.

7. Reported as spam.

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Sorted, ta.