Tips for field weekend

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Scotia, Mar 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all, going out into the depths of rabbit wood this weekend and wanted to know if anyone had any general tips to make the weekend as enjoyable as possible, so far i've got bungees, tights, mars bars and bog roll, probably have to pay a lot of money for that combination in a boudoir
  2. Tights?!
  3. Post not needed
  4. Make your own jokes, people...

5. Take warm kit and waterproof it. 8O

Take an electric blanket, kettle and toaster. Your DS will tell you where the Electric Tree is.

:roll: Oh and do'nt wear all your clothing when you are told you are going to do Fire & movement :roll:
  6. Did I mention sachets of Dehydrated Water. Great stuff, it saves carrying full water bottles.
    Get it from your Stores
  7. If its a TA weekend from my experience take civi clothes change of shoes and plenty of beer money. You can always count on having a p1ss up on the saturday. If not then you can be sure somone will take beer to sell.
  8. Fantastic, keep em coming, never thought this forum would be such a mine of information

Will the DS carry my kit if i get a tad tired
  9. Due to health & Safety restrictions. you will receive your personal combat mule mk VII. you'll get it issued on sat morning.
  10. On a serious note. Just take the kit they tell you to take plus beer money.
  11. You've been a great help, will be like a home from home and there was me thinking that it might actually be a challenge
  12. Sweaty, you forgot the skyhooks and the DPM paint...!
  13. I was keeping them until later in the thread :lol: :wink:
  14. Did you know that skyhooks really exist?? They are part of the RSigs liney kit for stringing comms cable over roads and stuff.. (I assume that they had another name and that they changed the name to Sky Hooks after the 1,000,000th liney came to stores to sign one out?)

Back to the thread, I always try to make sure I take a caravan on field weekends, much comfier than using basha's and stuff...