Tips for Bard

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by byrnezie, Mar 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi lads had a post last week.Going to Portadown on Wedensday for my BARBs.Is there anything anyone would recomend i.e cloths,hair,everything basicly.Are their any recruters from Portadown onthis?

Regards Rob

2. Tips for the bard?

Lose the long soliloquies, and put in a few more sex scenes.....

Otherwise, I think he did a pretty good job.

3. I just wore jeans jumper and trainers

4. Thoroughly inappropriate. Stick with the more traditional doublet and hose, a nice ruff, and a feather in your hat.

5. Dammit, someone else got in there first...

6. wear whatever you like mate. anything done in the recruiting office is'nt formal.

7. I wore jeans and a jumper and trainers as well.. Just don't go in a tracksuit (it instantly puts the image of YOB or CHAV into ones head).

Okay REGARDING the BARB itself, drink plenty of fluids, get enough kip the night before, eat some nutri-grain or whatever in the morning and have a wholesome breakfast, minus fizzy drinks so you can fully concentrate. Ensure you do the practice booklet quite soon before to put you in the right state of mind, and other than that do your best.

8. Cheers lads,will there be questions asked?

9. No, other than the computer test, the only communication between you and your recruiting sargeant will be done telepathically or by hand signals, depending on your choice of tin foil hat.

10. Yes: 'To be or not to be, that is the question.' Or possibly 'Lo! What light in yonder window breaks? For Juliet is the Sun...'

11. Clean, smart and comfortable.

Good luck!

12. No questions asked (none that you can think of an answer for anyway) its quite simple, go in, wait for ages, do BARB (1/2 hour), get results from BARB, get medical forms, choose job preferences (ideal to choose jobs from 2 different cap-badges i was told)

13. I'd reccommend taking your clothes and hair.

14. Agree, Show them some respect, Don't act the d!ck, The lads up in the Portadown office are sound, Thats were i did my BARB/Interviews Just waiting on my Fitness next,

What Reg you looking at joining?

15. Hopeing to get enought in the barbs for CMT or dog trainer.Still have to have another think.What part of the country ya from?