Tips for AOSB lecture?

What lecture? Do you mean the small talk? If so they provide topics for you to pick from

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Bottom of the page on the link, probably not relevant to you but, if you have never given a structured presentation/lesson previously it may help.

Here+++> DIT

I'd suggest that the content is irrelevant, the key points are a) you speak clearly b) you explain yourself in a coherent narrative that a moderately educated person could follow. Aim to show that you could execute a briefing without mumbling, muttering, using incomprehensible language, no clever Latin phrases or other cliquist bullshit.
Just to break the mould a bit I did my JNCO one on the replication of DNA, I was followed by a pal who explained the exact mechanics of vernier calipers, and another course member explained fully the role of the third assistant director in the film industry in comparison to a staff officer's role in the army. We all passed and the DS said during debrief that we had all done particularly well on this task.

40+ years on I remember a chap waxing lyrical about Free fall parachuting only to say sheepishly when pushed about his log book/jumps etc that he had never done it!
Have examples and try and talk about something you enjoy.

Try to talk about something you know and have a passion for (If there's a choice).

I once had to give a 5 min presentation from a topic literally pulled out of a hat, with no prep time. I got 'pipes'.

I presented about the design of modern nuclear submarines :).

I believe you are given a choice of 5 topics from your CV. This is at MB.

Out of interest - do AOSB give you a specific title or is it a broad topic. For instance, if I mentioned I studied biology, would they ask for a lecturette on a ‘biology topic’ or would they pick a specific topic... ‘discuss mitochondria’.

I believe you are given a choice of 5 topics from your CV. This is at MB.

Out of interest - do AOSB give you a specific title or is it a broad topic. For instance, if I mentioned I studied biology, would they ask for a lecturette on a ‘biology topic’ or would they pick a specific topic... ‘discuss mitochondria’.
They won't ask you broad themed questions. I had a few authors on my CV that I like and who's books I have read, they asked me about one of them. I had mentioned I worked in a tax department of a firm they asked me a question on tax policy, they also had an option on a specific place that I had travelled to. The final was about a sports club I was involved in. Easy topics if what you wrote on the CV is true, they tend to be relitivly specific but give you a bit of room to work with. Main thing to note is 5mins goes very quickly you probably won't have said everything you want to, so planning what to say and getting it done within the time limit imwas the hardest bit from what I remember.