Tinman Walt

Hi All,

About 2 months ago I went out with me brother in law and manged to swaller about 6 pints before I was completely gazeboed.

Ever since I've had constant and increasingly severe stomach pains, culminating in a night of absolute agony on Wed/Thurs. Left it far too long before calling the ambulai but eventually went in Yesterday forenoon.

Xray, nil by mouth and saline drip.

Overnight, as if a switch had been turned on, lots of output from stoma, pain free and sent home today.

Turned out it was inflammation, caused by adhesions, that caused small bowel swelling and thus a blockage.

So I'm now aware of the cause and required treatment, should it happen again.

And surprisingly, I still ent ded. Which is nice.

My best, as ever, to all
Taff
At least you are getting to know what to do. Good to see you are not dead yet. Keep going

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Ent ded is good.

Aaaaand it's back.

After less than 3 months, I've relapsed again. On steroids straight away and start a new chemo regime in about 2 weeks. I'll be on it for as long as it continues to work, at which time I'll be put on something else. Chemo for life then.

Ent ded.

My best to all

Aaaaand it's back.

After less than 3 months, I've relapsed again. On steroids straight away and start a new chemo regime in about 2 weeks. I'll be on it for as long as it continues to work, at which time I'll be put on something else. Chemo for life then.

Ent ded.

My best to all
Keep kicking Taffd, Ent ded is good,

Aaaaand it's back.

Ent ded.

My best to all
keep your chin up, "ent ded" is excellent

Chin up taff.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Aaaaand it's back.

Ent ded.

My best to all
You're just showing off now ;)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
As mentioned on the Shart thread, I've just been back in hozzy for another small bowel blockage. By fuck but they hurt. Wide awake today from about 0430; odd really considering I usually sleep for about 16/18 hours a day.

Apparently, I'm likely to continue to get these blockages but the intention is to treat conservatively if possible, which means nil by mouth, IV fluids and pain relief and a naso-gastric tube, until it clears itself. I've refused the tube the last two times after a bad experience when I near choked to death trying to swallow a pill which got stuck between tube and throat but it means I'm then throwing up bile, which could have other repercussions.

The other option is to operate to try and sort the adhesions that cause the blockages but operations cause more adhesions, which cause more blockages.

The 30 mm hole in my skull has turned into a lump. Presumably the chemo I start on Wed will get rid of this tumour and I'll end up with an even bigger hole.

Still ent ded.

When I go in for my op on Thursday I will be thinking of you tinman. Nowt they do to me is anything like you, good ent ded keep going,

Last edited:

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Ent ded is good.

Best wishes to youmate

Ent ded is good.

Best wishes to youmate
Thanks MD.

Not sure whether I've got another blockage already. Got no pain but there's been no output in my bag for a day or two. Fairly good fart earlier, which is goodly; maybe I just cleaned myself out completely with my explosive shart on Saturday and simply haven't eaten enough since.

Start chemo tomorrow. Should've been today but doc forgot to order my meds.

Still ent ded.

Donny

ADC
Thanks MD.

Not sure whether I've got another blockage already. Got no pain but there's been no output in my bag for a day or two. Fairly good fart earlier, which is goodly; maybe I just cleaned myself out completely with my explosive shart on Saturday and simply haven't eaten enough since.

Start chemo tomorrow. Should've been today but doc forgot to order my meds.

Still ent ded.
Good luck with it mate - lots of us here cheering you on

Good luck Taff.

Thanks folks - still no output and still no pain. Have eaten two bowls of soup and two franzpanis, still drinking coffee, so somethings gotta happen one way or another, hopefully by tomorrow morning.

Thanks folks - still no output and still no pain. Have eaten two bowls of soup and two franzpanis, still drinking coffee, so somethings gotta happen one way or another, hopefully by tomorrow morning.
Enjoy the scoff and stay "ent ded".
well done oppo.

Life would not be worth living without a good strong cup of coffee.

Stay above ground.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CrabfatBILL Waltenkommando 31
CrashTestDummy Waltenkommando 229
T Charities and Welfare 28

Latest Threads