Tinman Walt

So, go in for my op tomorrow 0730, with a 1 in 7 chance of karking over the next 30 days. Have sent a £10 cheque to everybody, just in case I've forgotten any previous loans. As I had no addresses, it's pot luck as to whether you receive them.

Wish you all well and if I don't make it, fuckit, it's been a blast.

Remember, he who laughs last . . . gets the worm.
As a survivor of throat cancer, I wish you all the best, enjoy the bed baths.

Up-skirt pics of the nurses will prove you're not a Kremlin troll using a hacked account.

What! We're all thinking it.

Well I woke up ent ded again today.

Seems to have been a bit of a fuss over fuckall.

I had about a 1 in 7 chance of karking. Went in last Tuesday, about a 4 hour op, which I sailed through, less than 24 hours in intensive care and up and walking within 24 hours, and got let out on Saturday.

Apparently all that could have happened and would have been considered normal if it had . . . hasn't. I've remained infection free despite my wife and daughter having quite severe chest infections and all that needs to happen now is for my new stoma to kick in and start working properly.

Am allowed to eat virtually anything, small and often, and have minimal post op pain.

My best response to surgery yet.

I know that others have their own ongoing health issues and wish everybody the best. Thank you all for the continued support.

Well I woke up ent ded again today.

Seems to have been a bit of a fuss over fuckall.

I had about a 1 in 7 chance of karking. Went in last Tuesday, about a 4 hour op, which I sailed through, less than 24 hours in intensive care and up and walking within 24 hours, and got let out on Saturday.

Apparently all that could have happened and would have been considered normal if it had . . . hasn't. I've remained infection free despite my wife and daughter having quite severe chest infections and all that needs to happen now is for my new stoma to kick in and start working properly.

Am allowed to eat virtually anything, small and often, and have minimal post op pain.

My best response to surgery yet.

I know that others have their own ongoing health issues and wish everybody the best. Thank you all for the continued support.
Huzzah!

And today some news -

Stoma is working well and I feel fully healed from the op.

I've been having more pain in general since before Christmas and for about 5 or 6 weeks, severe pain at a single point on a lower right rib.

Blood tests had shown me to still be in remission, with the myeloma detectable but not measurable. Took this long to get an urgent MRI scan, which I had on Friday. Phone call today to say they found 'something' on the rib. There has to be a radiologists meeting to further examine the results but the 'something' is a lesion. It could be the start of a systemic relapse, where end organs, in this case the bones, are affected or it could be a solitary plasmacytoma, which is a sort of the tumour myeloma has. But they can also arise without the myeloma. Hence when there's more than one, 'multiple myeloma'.

Got a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow and can expect a PET scan soon. Because of the pain I may also have radiotherapy to the rib. When I press the spot it moves inwards and I think it may well be broken. Have had my morphine and anti-depressant doses doubled.

On a not so chirpy note, the wonderful DWP did an assessment on me and have cut my PIP from the enhanced rate to the standard rate. A bit shit and my daughter's composing the rebuttal, to ask them to reconsider their decision. If that doesn't work, we'll go to appeal. I've also got a Capability to Work form to fill in.

Ent ded though, which is nice.

And today some news -

Stoma is working well and I feel fully healed from the op.

I've been having more pain in general since before Christmas and for about 5 or 6 weeks, severe pain at a single point on a lower right rib.

Blood tests had shown me to still be in remission, with the myeloma detectable but not measurable. Took this long to get an urgent MRI scan, which I had on Friday. Phone call today to say they found 'something' on the rib. There has to be a radiologists meeting to further examine the results but the 'something' is a lesion. It could be the start of a systemic relapse, where end organs, in this case the bones, are affected or it could be a solitary plasmacytoma, which is a sort of the tumour myeloma has. But they can also arise without the myeloma. Hence when there's more than one, 'multiple myeloma'.

Got a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow and can expect a PET scan soon. Because of the pain I may also have radiotherapy to the rib. When I press the spot it moves inwards and I think it may well be broken. Have had my morphine and anti-depressant doses doubled.

On a not so chirpy note, the wonderful DWP did an assessment on me and have cut my PIP from the enhanced rate to the standard rate. A bit shit and my daughter's composing the rebuttal, to ask them to reconsider their decision. If that doesn't work, we'll go to appeal. I've also got a Capability to Work form to fill in.

Ent ded though, which is nice.
Thread needs phots

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Results from recent PET scan show I'm riddled with new lesions. Got a pre-radiotherapy scan on Thursday and the actual RT on Friday to ribs on either side.

I've officially had a symptomatic relapse(not systemic, as previously said), even though it doesn't show in my bloods. Should start chemo some time after 27th Feb.

Still ent ded though.

Hope everyone's doing ok.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Results from recent PET scan show I'm riddled with new lesions. Got a pre-radiotherapy scan on Thursday and the actual RT on Friday to ribs on either side.

I've officially had a symptomatic relapse(not systemic, as previously said), even though it doesn't show in my bloods. Should start chemo some time after 27th Feb.

Still ent ded though.

Hope everyone's doing ok.
The NHS is under so much stress and yet here you are a glowing example to one an all, if you are going to get ill, go for it.
This thread has given me an idea for a new Top Trumps game.
Medical Top Trumps
Rectal Cancer.

Morbidity rates. 1 in 10
Treatment required. All of the following chemotherapy radiotherapy and surgery
Risk of demise from treatment. 2-1
Time on surgeons table. 4 - 6 hours.
Embarrassment caused. 10/10.
Above are just examples and bear no resemblance to actual NHS statistics, EXCEPT FOR EMBARRASSMENT score.

Beats an in growing toenail hands down!

Chin up and all the best with your treatment etc.

Having cancer myself I do feel for you. Had 5 ops.now with luck, free. "Touch wood"
Keep going. Keep getting well.

The NHS is under so much stress and yet here you are a glowing example to one an all, if you are going to get ill, go for it.
This thread has given me an idea for a new Top Trumps game.
Medical Top Trumps
Rectal Cancer.

Morbidity rates. 1 in 10
Treatment required. All of the following chemotherapy radiotherapy and surgery
Risk of demise from treatment. 2-1
Time on surgeons table. 4 - 6 hours.
Embarrassment caused. 10/10.
Above are just examples and bear no resemblance to actual NHS statistics, EXCEPT FOR EMBARRASSMENT score.

Beats an in growing toenail hands down!

Chin up and all the best with your treatment etc.
Most likely to cause embarrassment, a defaecating flouroscopy, where you are sat on a raised bog, with a nurse beside you telling you when to shit out the gunge she's just injected into your bottom, while being x-rayed. And when she continues to talk to you afterwards while you try and catch the profuse amount of blood in your hand, that's trying to spray the whole room.

Most likely to cause embarrassment, a defaecating flouroscopy, where you are sat on a raised bog, with a nurse beside you telling you when to shit out the gunge she's just injected into your bottom, while being x-rayed. And when she continues to talk to you afterwards while you try and catch the profuse amount of blood in your hand, that's trying to spray the whole room.
‘kinell mate - please don’t feel you need to put up any pics of that one! ‘Get well soon’ doesn’t really work here, but I’m pleased to hear you’re still with us and keeping your humour up.

Good luck to you and keep talking to us - there’s lots of us old buggers who are keeping an eye on this thread and wishing you well..

how is the mrs taking it, or not taking it if you recovering post op.
They were all expecting it to happen at some point, so the family seem ok, albeit a bit disappointed. They have to think about it, which is a bummer. I'm lucky that my brainfuckery means it doesn't concern me at all. At least they're all still taking the piss, so all appears normal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
arcticfox042 Waltenkommando 46
Carbon 6 The Intelligence Cell 14
T Charities and Welfare 28