Tinman Walt

Very glad you ent ded.

Here is something for you which I hope you will enjoy.
The bloke on 2nd banjo is Steve Martin and Albert Lee on electric guitar.

Personally, I love this.

Bestest DN

There seems to be something mechanical about them, I'm more of a slip on sort of chap.
Peter Sellers Walt.
BTW, the bum op was a pilonidal(?) excision, had one in BMH Hannover and one in BMH Tidworth. One of the surgeons told me it was known as "Jeep seat".

Very glad you ent ded.

Here is something for you which I hope you will enjoy.
The bloke on 2nd banjo is Steve Martin and Albert Lee on electric guitar.

Personally, I love this.

Bestest DN
Yep, tres brill. There's many a similar jam sesh out there featuring Scruggs and Martin.

The banjo has an interesting history. At one time mega popular, it fell out of favour for a time, with being associated as a 'slave' instrument/minstrels and it's association with hillbillies. It is in fact a very technical instrument.

Bluegrass has a very narrowly defined structure, which has forced innovation. Every time that breakdown is played through is slightly different. I like the way that, being brainfucked and not always able to remember what phrases belong to a song, I can actually play a couple of songs at once, where similar timing applies, swapping between bits.

I want to play more than just bluegrass. for instance, I've got my own versions of Alhambra and Romanza, classical guitar pieces but basically, I want to be able to pick it up and play any sort of music, in any key.

Peter Sellers Walt.
BTW, the bum op was a pilonidal(?) excision, had one in BMH Hannover and one in BMH Tidworth. One of the surgeons told me it was known as "Jeep seat".
A mate of mine, 'Wild Bill' had an ingrowing arsehair. He reported a lot of screaming while having a deathgrip on the bed during repackin'.

Apparently, it's also a taxi driver thing.

I think I may have had one many moons ago and assuming it was some sort of spot or boil, I self treated, which involved a lot of digging around and squeezing over days or weeks. Left me with a sort of small indent/cavity which I've got to this day.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think I may have had one many moons ago and assuming it was some sort of spot or boil, I self treated, which involved a lot of digging around and squeezing over days or weeks. Left me with a sort of small indent/cavity which I've got to this day.
That's your hoop.
Or whatever's left of it.

That made me bloody wince. As I checked into Wroughton for a minor surgical (many years ago) , I asked a chap what he was in for. He dropped his jammie bottoms and spread his bum cheeks to show what looked like two pounds of raw liver. They kept the wound open until all the infection was gone. Yecch.

Right then, It seems I'm the lucky recipient of multiple myeloma. Cancer of the bone marrow. Confirmed on Monday and started chemo today. 21 day cycle, then week off. Probably for 6 cycles. I think it will be a good few day/weeks before I find out what it's effects will be, especially when I've been in shit state for some time.

Posted here so people can express themselves freely while a few may have questions or advice.

Two members have been kind enough already with offers of help, which is truly appreciated.
@Taffd ..I haven't read past the first page, so these are my two responses:
1) If your ailments are gen, I am truly sorry. I really hope you're getting the right sort of treatment and you are feeling better. I really do.
2)If they are not, like some of the comments seem to suggest (or maybe sarcasm? I am tired now, so may have gone over my head), then there is something wrong with you!

Well Taff, I ent dead yet either, but waiting on biopsy results. In other news, our dog died recently. Been a really shit couple of months. On the plus side, my husband still loves me (despite everything) and we are going to see a new dog on Saturday.

@Taffd ..I haven't read past the first page, so these are my two responses:
1) If your ailments are gen, I am truly sorry. I really hope you're getting the right sort of treatment and you are feeling better. I really do.
2)If they are not, like some of the comments seem to suggest (or maybe sarcasm? I am tired now, so may have gone over my head), then there is something wrong with you!
Definitely gen, although that very first post is not entirely accurate. Myeloma's actually a cancer of the plasma cells, which are found in the bone marrow. The plasma cells make immunoglobins, which are part of our acquired immune system. In my case. the plasma cells which produce the IgG immunoglobin have their DNA damaged by whatever and produce a 'paraprotein' which crowds out all the other blood cells but is itself, no use as an immunoglobin. My own understanding was a bit lacking in the early stages.

The thread documents my various conditions over time, partly as a record, partly to get it into the open and draw the sting, for me and others and partly because it might benefit somebody else.

I posted here rather than a 'cancer' forum in order to get an ARRSE response. The robustitudiness of response has been a spirit-lifter and demonstrates what to many, having served is all about.

I'll be forever grateful.

Well Taff, I ent dead yet either, but waiting on biopsy results. In other news, our dog died recently. Been a really shit couple of months. On the plus side, my husband still loves me (despite everything) and we are going to see a new dog on Saturday.
Goodl greatly that you also ent ded. Shit about your dog.

Don't forget to tell us when you get your results, everything becomes more straightforward when you know exactly what you're dealing with and the way ahead is planned.

Think we know what it will be. Not as brave as you - going to book a trip to the Alps. Will have to train the new dog to look after him indoors first, and the kids. On the bright side, I can have the most OTT Christmas ever

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Pilonidal sinuses are a bastard. As so many have alluded, it is an ingrowing hair thing. Sometimes possible to pull it out but most often it is to lay the wound open after surgery and let it close naturally. Of course the proximity to the chocolate starfish means a risk of faecal infection.

Makes me want to brillo pad my crack. And my scrotum. Not for the same reasons you understand.

Think we know what it will be. Not as brave as you - going to book a trip to the Alps. Will have to train the new dog to look after him indoors first, and the kids. On the bright side, I can have the most OTT Christmas ever
I honestly don't think bravery's a thing here; bravery is being afraid and doing a thing regardless, whereas people who are ill have no choice in the matter. My apparent notgivingafuckness seems to be just the way I am, with the added help of the brainfuckery meaning I have an inbuilt inability to give much of a shit. Maybe it's just laziness and caring requires too much effort. There've certainly been times when I've been emotional, although they were transitory.

Hope you've got your pain under control.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W The NAAFI Bar 147
MrMemory Waltenkommando 3
T Charities and Welfare 28