Tinman Walt

Negligence and/or incompetence. Both unacceptable, both with attached compensation for your (not inconsiderable) loss.
Don't let your compassionate side and your respect for your current medical team sway you.
Mistakes have been made, you and your family are paying the price for them.
I hope that your legal team look after your interests better than the NHS did.
Thanks for that. 20 years of pain and suffering, 20 years of missed wages potential. Had 3 jobs before I was forced to give up work.

Thanks for that. 20 years of pain and suffering, 20 years of missed wages potential. Had 3 jobs before I was forced to give up work.
Absolutely do not let your heart rule your head. At the very least, you could be saving another family from suffering the same traumatic situation.

@Taffd

Much as I am pleased to hear that you 'ent dead' and you are following the golden rule of looking after No1, may I offer some advice.

Be careful what you post on an open forum when it comes to your expectation of a claim and anything remotely connected to an on-going enquiry and possible court case.

These things can have a massive adverse effect on what is always going to be a long, complicated and sometimes vicious campaign.

As much as we'd love to know the daily nitty gritty of your legal briefings and dealings with NHS bureaucracy, I think that prudence should be pretty close to the top of your agenda.

Having said that, the act of you actually writing a general update on your health is still important to us, and I suspect for you.

Seriously, all the best.

@Taffd

Much as I am pleased to hear that you 'ent dead' and you are following the golden rule of looking after No1, may I offer some advice.

Be careful what you post on an open forum when it comes to your expectation of a claim and anything remotely connected to an on-going enquiry and possible court case.

These things can have a massive adverse effect on what is always going to be a long, complicated and sometimes vicious campaign.

As much as we'd love to know the daily nitty gritty of your legal briefings and dealings with NHS bureaucracy, I think that prudence should be pretty close to the top of your agenda.

Having said that, the act of you actually writing a general update on your health is still important to us, and I suspect for you.

Seriously, all the best.
Good point.

A second opinion from who and about what?
I could let him have a second opinion -for an unimaginably excessive a fairly reasonable fee of course.

In terms of credentials, I am the internet/Arrse medical consultant to @twosugarsnomilk. I am therefore fully qualified to sell first or second opinions on t'internet.

I could let him have a second opinion -for an unimaginably excessive a fairly reasonable fee of course.

In terms of credentials, I am the internet/Arrse medical consultant to @twosugarsnomilk. I am therefore fully qualified to sell first or second opinions on t'internet.
This is good to hear. That two sugars bloke and I started a jolly life in green together, so if he ever comes out with dits about me having a sense of humour, he is obviously mentally ill and will be needing the necessary treatments dispensed to cure him of that malaise.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I did respond to Taff's PM, offering what I hope is good advice. Some comments on here are helpful, some are not quite, despite the good intentions.

In short, if it goes legal straight away, the lawyers have to say something specific about negligence. If they ask even the slightest bit the wrong question then the matter is ended, often without the real negligence being revealed. The legal route is adversarial.

The best policy is to go through the formal complaints route. It gives the best options. It is not adversarial, and with the duty of candour, can reveal what really happened. Sometimes the complaint will address the issues which then may be taken to a lawyer. The complaints process is fact finding and not to admit liability. Part of the complaints process is for an independent medical review. Again it is not adversarial, (as opposed to a medical opinion requested by the lawyers) and must be independent and truthful.

The time period for hospital complaints is one year from the time when the problem was first discovered, not when it actually happened. Often, when there are time issues, such as surgery a long time ago, that limit is abandoned. Although NHS complaints are often managed badly, and the process is a little complex, it is the path which provides the most answers and the most evidence. The support for formal complaints to the NHS is regulated, and very efficiently.

Update - stardate . . . er, I don't know how to finish that comedy opening.

Anyway, 3 monthly appointment today and no trace of paraprotein - I'm still in remission, so today is the 1 year mark. Significant because prognosis wise, not relapsing in the first year is an indicator for longer overall survival. On average, of course. This cancer is very individual. The average relapse time is about 2 years.

Slept nearly all day yesterday, as well as virtually all night. Only up for a piss twice, which means I hadn't drunk enough.

Bloods also show kidneys in good fettle. This is good as they're particularly affected in myeloma. Had kidney damage in the beginning but luckily it was reversed with fluid intake. Drinking water is one of the things I find hard, never having been a water drinker. Never was a juice or soft drink drinker either, just coffee.

Nought to report claim-wise and won't be saying anything more on that front for the foreseeable. Advice taken.

Generally feeling on the shit side of neutral, probably the anaemia, which is going to be looked into. I think it's my diet. Got to eat more stuff with iron in it.

Think that's about it on the update express.

Ent ded yet.

Update - stardate . . . er, I don't know how to finish that comedy opening.

Anyway, 3 monthly appointment today and no trace of paraprotein - I'm still in remission, so today is the 1 year mark. Significant because prognosis wise, not relapsing in the first year is an indicator for longer overall survival. On average, of course. This cancer is very individual. The average relapse time is about 2 years.

Slept nearly all day yesterday, as well as virtually all night. Only up for a piss twice, which means I hadn't drunk enough.

Bloods also show kidneys in good fettle. This is good as they're particularly affected in myeloma. Had kidney damage in the beginning but luckily it was reversed with fluid intake. Drinking water is one of the things I find hard, never having been a water drinker. Never was a juice or soft drink drinker either, just coffee.

Nought to report claim-wise and won't be saying anything more on that front for the foreseeable. Advice taken.

Generally feeling on the shit side of neutral, probably the anaemia, which is going to be looked into. I think it's my diet. Got to eat more stuff with iron in it.

Think that's about it on the update express.

Ent ded yet.
Good news!
Stop being a fanny and drink some water.
:thumleft:

Drinking water is one of the things I find hard, never having been a water drinker. Never was a juice or soft drink drinker either, just coffee.
When I was waiting those interminable nights awake, waiting for surgery, following my unfortunate game of squash; I was permitted to treat black coffee, no sugar, as water, for the purposes of "go night-night time" pre-op. Which really, REALLY!, helped. If you can adapt your taste buds to forego the crystal and the "jus-de-la-moo", it might help you take more fluids without having to force the issue with your body.

When I was waiting those interminable nights awake, waiting for surgery, following my unfortunate game of squash; I was permitted to treat black coffee, no sugar, as water, for the purposes of "go night-night time" pre-op. Which really, REALLY!, helped. If you can adapt your taste buds to forego the crystal and the "jus-de-la-moo", it might help you take more fluids without having to force the issue with your body.
I drink a fair amount of coffee, maybe 10 cups or more a day and it's liquid I need, not necessarily water. I can drink it black but it's only something I do if we run out of milk. Sugar? Can't be doing with giving anything up. Soup also acts as liquid, its mostly water anyway. It's just water that I find hard.

Generally, I find that I piss 1 1/2 - 2 litres a night, that's as well as pissing through the day as well, so I'm usually drinking enough. Just that some days, I just don't drink enough. Days when I sleep a lot, I'm obviously not drinking enough. I think I said 'enough' too many times there.

A year ago, I had to force myself to drink water, it was either that or fucked kidneys, now it's just hard to drink enough of it. It's just not something I'd ever drink if I didn't have to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Charities and Welfare 28
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 9
Mighty_doh_nut Infantry 38