• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Tinfoil hats?

ugly

LE
Moderator
#1
Now I like many other males have avoided sat navs but after the one that was fitted in our ex demonstrater shutdown after 2 years of not paying I decided to make life easier for the boss and register for the free 30 day trial.
The company using Smartnav/traffic master has our home postcode which it needs to enter it into our favourites on the menu so I can sel;ect it on the move, otherwise postcode entries mean stopping the car.
So now they not only know where we live but also will know how often we travel and how far.
How long before this data is aquired by HMG and put to use taxing me?
Am I being paranoid or should I stump up for a passive system (if they exist) and stay away from Traffic Master and its big brother computor?
 
#3
johnboyzzz said:
what is wrong with a road map and when you get close asking someone if you are new to that area
for me the only problem with a road map is that it doesn't have that sexy Joanna Lumley voice talking to me
 
#8
They're allready tracking you through your mobile phone signals.

Get in any bother and the police will be able to prove your approximate location at any given time. Sat Nav just makes it easier for them.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#9
Its not plod but the revenue that concern me, knowing these muppets we will be charged each year an additional tax for driving our already taxed 3 times cars on the road, (3 times as in vat on the car, tax on fuel and road fund license). Now the saving grace would be the govt, they would get EDS or Fujitsu to desing a super computor programme for this and it wouldnt ever get commissioned.
 
#10
tomthetinker said:
They're allready tracking you through your mobile phone signals.

Get in any bother and the police will be able to prove your approximate location at any given time. Sat Nav just makes it easier for them.
Then why can't the cnuts find my phone that I lost last week?....grrrr!

CW

Quis Separabit

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#11
You are being tracked and traced wherever you go and whatever you do. Even at this very moment the 'government' are watching and listening to you. Every minute of every day, they track and record what we say. It's covered by letting evryone think that it is for the purpose of raisng more money from taxes, but that is just a cover. What they are doing is collating our every thought, watching our every move just so that the 'others' can take our place. Our time is now limited, we will soon be replaced by 'Others' and no-one will be able to tell!

Be afraid!
 
#12
old_fat_and_hairy said:
You are being tracked and traced wherever you go and whatever you do. Even at this very moment the 'government' are watching and listening to you. Every minute of every day, they track and record what we say. It's covered by letting evryone think that it is for the purpose of raisng more money from taxes, but that is just a cover. What they are doing is collating our every thought, watching our every move just so that the 'others' can take our place. Our time is now limited, we will soon be replaced by 'Others' and no-one will be able to tell!

Be afraid!
Errrrm!...Eh!...you sure about that?, where did you get that from?
 
#13
Manley said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
You are being tracked and traced wherever you go and whatever you do. Even at this very moment the 'government' are watching and listening to you. Every minute of every day, they track and record what we say. It's covered by letting evryone think that it is for the purpose of raisng more money from taxes, but that is just a cover. What they are doing is collating our every thought, watching our every move just so that the 'others' can take our place. Our time is now limited, we will soon be replaced by 'Others' and no-one will be able to tell!

Be afraid!
Errrrm!...Eh!...you sure about that?, where did you get that from?
He got it from here - and you ain't seen me - right?
 

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
#15
dundrillin said:
johnboyzzz said:
what is wrong with a road map and when you get close asking someone if you are new to that area
They probably won't understand you if English is the only language you speak! :) :)
...and if they do understand you, they'll probably punch your lights out and nick your car leaving you in pile of bloody pulp at the side of the road.
 

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
#16
Manley said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
You are being tracked and traced wherever you go and whatever you do. Even at this very moment the 'government' are watching and listening to you. Every minute of every day, they track and record what we say. It's covered by letting evryone think that it is for the purpose of raisng more money from taxes, but that is just a cover. What they are doing is collating our every thought, watching our every move just so that the 'others' can take our place. Our time is now limited, we will soon be replaced by 'Others' and no-one will be able to tell!

Be afraid!
Errrrm!...Eh!...you sure about that?, where did you get that from?
Oooh, I dunno. Face & gait recognition maybe? The chip in your mobile or the one in your credit cards? Which are readable by proxy.

Dont worry about HMRC. Worry about Tesco.

You never saw me and I got witnesses, all right?
 
#17
old_fat_and_hairy said:
You are being tracked and traced wherever you go and whatever you do. Even at this very moment the 'government' are watching and listening to you. Every minute of every day, they track and record what we say. It's covered by letting evryone think that it is for the purpose of raisng more money from taxes, but that is just a cover. What they are doing is collating our every thought, watching our every move just so that the 'others' can take our place. Our time is now limited, we will soon be replaced by 'Others' and no-one will be able to tell!

Be afraid!
ECKSHOLON, YOU HAVE BETRAYED YOUR SPECIES, YOUR DESTRUCTION IS IMMINENT. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD.
 
#18
ugly said:
Its not plod but the revenue that concern me, knowing these muppets we will be charged each year an additional tax for driving our already taxed 3 times cars on the road, (3 times as in vat on the car, tax on fuel and road fund license). Now the saving grace would be the govt, they would get EDS or Fujitsu to desing a super computor programme for this and it wouldnt ever get commissioned.
4 times Ugly , dont forget the insurance premium tax too !

WW
 
#19
Legs said:
dundrillin said:
johnboyzzz said:
what is wrong with a road map and when you get close asking someone if you are new to that area
They probably won't understand you if English is the only language you speak! :) :)
...and if they do understand you, they'll probably punch your lights out and nick your car leaving you in pile of bloody pulp at the side of the road.
Damn I forgot about that bit :evil:
 

Latest Threads

New Posts