Tin Tin | Old Telly and Now a Movie

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Tremaine, Oct 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just for a laugh. Hergé's Adventures of Tintin (Belvision 5 minutes TV series) anyone remember it? There were two TV series, Herge's, and the second series (90's) said to be closer to the books. But any old n bold remember either the 1960's or 1991 series with the Thompson Twins and Snowy?

Now a Movie, "Jackson and Spielberg's Adventures of Tintin!". THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN | IN THEATRES DECEMBER 23
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Rumour has it that the bloke who drew the Tin Tin cartoons back in the '60's is the same bloke who wrote "Forgotten Soldier" as Guy Sajer - he is something of a local curiosity.
    That would make a better film.
  3. Sajer's wiki page mentions he drew for the French and Belgian market, using different pseudonyms.

His German wiki does mention TinTin Guy Mouminoux (Guy Sajer)
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Thats the chap.
    A septic captain (retired int dude who apparently knew his beans) managed to gain his confidence enough to get him answer few questions, and was convinced of his bona fides.
  5. The Forgotten Soldier (am not pretending I know all about it) seems to have been questioned on its accuracy? Bit rich, considering the book was "held up as an excellent example of a twentieth-century footsoldier's perspective of combat", and used by two generations of septics for professional development/military history.

By the by Alsacien, Sajer was/is also Alsation ;-) hence your "local curiosity".
  6. I am glad that they have kept the film close to the original artwork of the books.
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

He comes from Wissembourg, Northern Alsace originally, which is slap on the German border, Alsacien is the French spelling of Alsatian ;-)
    The book was originally published in French as Le soldat oublié as a personal account of his experiences, and is definitely a good read.
    I believe the accuracy questions were finally put bed also.

8. That is like saying 'Capt Pugwash' is the same as Pirates of the Caribbean? :? - I will go and watch it anyway looks 'citing!!
  9. Yes, yes Alsacien ;-) but who's claiming Mouminoux? The French, or the Germans? Just asking like, considering the history..

That is like saying 'Capt Pugwash' is the same as Pirates of the Caribbean? - I will go and watch it anyway looks 'citing!!\ ENDQUOTE

Good God that takes me back, sorry for the cursing and blasphemy. Good old pisstaking Pugwash (Aussie BJ perhaps?) The "Carry On" series of Children's High Seas TV :)
    Master Bates, Ben Dover, Seaman Staines, and Roger the Cabin Boy - all of which have/had
    absolutely no connection with any smut or double-entendres whatsoever. Of course.
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The French, but only as a celebrated cartoonist, they don't give a toss about his wartime experiences.
  11. Does anyone think that the filmakers will bring the new Tin Tin film really up to date? LINKY
  12. Here's one for you In the UK Tintin version, I believe the characters were all voiced by one artist. Peter John Hawkins (3 April 1924 – 8 July 2006) .The same guy who done the first Bill and Ben, Noddy, Big Ears , Penfold, The Cybermen, TV and radio voices, and Zippy, and yes... (Pisstake) Pugwash. Confirmed by Wikipedia.

Thing about the Tintins was, the feckin names of the people in these cartoons.

The views expressed in my posts are not the views of Arrse. I post purely my own views, which are mostly hearsay or alleged, anyway. I wouldn't take much notice if I were you. Any resemblance to any person, horse, or potato, living or dead, is actually a fcuking miracle.