Tin foil hat - Construction and usage. SOP, evidence base

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mercurydancer, Mar 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Although I'm a nurse by training I'm an Elf and Safety assessor which is as embarrassing as Jacqui Smith's husband admitting to watching bongo vids.

I am a little concerned about the basic conical constcution of the hat. Edges may cut eyebrows and ears. Does the scrunch actually deflect or act as a rod for the waves (or particles depedent on your preference for physics)?

Should hearing aid wearers be concerned about the hats? a short circuit to the eardrum would be quite painful.

Also, are the hats there to stop the thoughts getting in or to stop the thoughts getting out?

Thoughts please gentlemen

2. The hat should be grounded when static, the CES contains a ground spike and hammer, the hat itself only prevents radiation, thoughts will accumulate and be released when you remove the hat. It's why when you remove it in company people seem to "swoon" a bit, especially if you've been thinking a lot.

3. mercurydancer

4. mercurydancer

OK so AFDBs may not be immersed in alcohol... does that apply to the brain in which it is intended to protect?

5. Tin Foil Shreddies;

Since I speak out of my arse, and my brains are in my bollocks; should I wear tin-foil shreddies ?

6. mercurydancer

smallbore..

You dont know where they may get in so it may be in order to defend yourself appropriately.

Pebbledashing and metallic underwear may not be compatible. And certainly not absorbent.

7. But no doubt fun to wear.