Timeshift; The British Army Of The Rhine

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Arters, Oct 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC4 2100hrs. This Monday.

I'm in this, just look out for the fat baldy cnut with the Zapata tasche
    carrying a wooden replica of the 'Long Gun'

You will notice that we all stand up straight 'cos we had no fcuking
    medals to make us lean left.

Oh wait, they're all fat baldy cnuts with Zapata tasches, moaning
    about Beasts, Bratties and Bacardi.

I remember when we...........................
    • Like Like x 6
  2. I'll be watching that, thanks for the info, I'd have probably missed it otherwise.
  3. As I spent my 13 years there in an alcoholic haze, and which my memory is therefore somewhat hazy, would someone kindly precis the programme for my, and doubtlesly others similarly afflicted, benefit?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Spotted this last night and as an ex-cold war warrior, I will definitely be watching. However, as it is a one off, one hour episode, I'm not sure it will accurately convey the environment we lived, worked and played in. In my opinion, it would have made an excellent series, but nevertheless, I am pleased it has been made. Should the thread be in the Old and Bold forum, or has it been placed deliberately in the NAAFI to allow the inevitable piss taking?! :)
  5. Yeah, Cloudy...I remember arriving in Dortmund in '71 and leaving Minden in '85, the
    only other thing I remember with clarity is when the Monkey fell off his motorbike,
    right outside the Sugar Factory near Clauen whilst on Crusader, laugh? we had to
    open another bottle of Dujardin.

Anyway, where the fcuk IS Wolfgang?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I somehow have to figure out how to set the reminder on the sky box or else I will forget and miss it.
    Must be the years of BAOR abuse that is finally taking the toll on the grey matter.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

An hour's plenty if it helps towards the issuing of a Cold War Medal. It was a critical point in history and it's a national scandal that there's been no formal recognition. Time to right a wrong.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. He moved south and bought a little retirement place on the proceeds of his labours. Did the van up a bit too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Can't wait to see what you pissheads were up to while I was sweating away in the Far-Flung protecting the Empire.
  10. I doubt you'll get a true representation in just 60 minutes...
  11. I can assure you, we weren't looking for the 'Golden Rivet'....you bell-bottom wearing
  12. The Order of the Frayed Liver?
    • Like Like x 3

With Handbag Cluster.
  14. Yellow?
    • Like Like x 2

That's a bit harsh.
    • Like Like x 1