Timeshift; The British Army Of The Rhine

BBC4 2100hrs. This Monday.

I'm in this, just look out for the fat baldy cnut with the Zapata tasche
carrying a wooden replica of the 'Long Gun'

You will notice that we all stand up straight 'cos we had no fcuking
medals to make us lean left.

Oh wait, they're all fat baldy cnuts with Zapata tasches, moaning
about Beasts, Bratties and Bacardi.

I remember when we...........................

I'll be watching that, thanks for the info, I'd have probably missed it otherwise.

C

cloudbuster

As I spent my 13 years there in an alcoholic haze, and which my memory is therefore somewhat hazy, would someone kindly precis the programme for my, and doubtlesly others similarly afflicted, benefit?

Spotted this last night and as an ex-cold war warrior, I will definitely be watching. However, as it is a one off, one hour episode, I'm not sure it will accurately convey the environment we lived, worked and played in. In my opinion, it would have made an excellent series, but nevertheless, I am pleased it has been made. Should the thread be in the Old and Bold forum, or has it been placed deliberately in the NAAFI to allow the inevitable piss taking?! :)

Yeah, Cloudy...I remember arriving in Dortmund in '71 and leaving Minden in '85, the
only other thing I remember with clarity is when the Monkey fell off his motorbike,
right outside the Sugar Factory near Clauen whilst on Crusader, laugh? we had to
open another bottle of Dujardin.

Anyway, where the fcuk IS Wolfgang?

I somehow have to figure out how to set the reminder on the sky box or else I will forget and miss it.
Must be the years of BAOR abuse that is finally taking the toll on the grey matter.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Spotted this last night and as an ex-cold war warrior, I will definitely be watching. However, as it is a one off, one hour episode, I'm not sure it will accurately convey the environment we lived, worked and played in. In my opinion, it would have made an excellent series, but nevertheless, I am pleased it has been made. Should the thread be in the Old and Bold forum, or has it been placed deliberately in the NAAFI to allow the inevitable piss taking?! :)
An hour's plenty if it helps towards the issuing of a Cold War Medal. It was a critical point in history and it's a national scandal that there's been no formal recognition. Time to right a wrong.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Can't wait to see what you pissheads were up to while I was sweating away in the Far-Flung protecting the Empire.

Can't wait to see what you pissheads were up to while I was sweating away in the Far-Flung protecting the Empire.
I can assure you, we weren't looking for the 'Golden Rivet'....you bell-bottom wearing
buffoon.

Yellow?

A brief synopsis:. and I haven't even watched it yet....

A Tracks that required more maintanance than a Fomula 1 Car and still you would be lucky if they got you out the gate.
B Being outnumbered by the Siberian Hordes by about a gazillion to one.
C Nights spent in crap civvys chatting up the local lovelies in horrendous german or pidgeon english (delete as appropriate)
D Having been firmly rebuffed by said lovelies getting slowly into a drunken stupour.
E The mandatory brockie, currywurst, jaegerscnitzel mit pommes mit ketchup mit mayo and hurry up you Kraut Bastard.
F Vomiting
G Sleep
H Tracks that required......

Think that about covers it. Does for me, anyway.

C

cloudbuster

They might as well just lift the pub scenes from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet. Most of the extras were Toms...