TIMES MISTAKE?

Jim_Research

Old-Salt
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Jim_Research said:
Whilst agreeing with various contributors that the quality of reporting on matters military is less than poor, please note that the QRH do wear green berets. This leaves the hat badge which could be our very own Rose and Laurel but could equally be the QRH's. Magnified to what is technically called BIG the original is too poor to give a clear image. BTW, are hat badges no longer 'blacked up' on ops? I ask out of idle curiosity.
hard to tell as you say, but think it looks more like ours.

Yes I am inclined (leaning over) to agree. I've done a compare with a size for size blowup QRH v Int Corps and the matching geometrics score heavily in favour of Int Corps.

So he could be:
Int Corps attached to QRH
A QRH Trooper with a shiny hat badge
An Int Coprs super person
Lost
All of the above
None of the above

or

Simply in the nearest photo to hand from the press library to fit narrative about our boys in the desert

Jim_Research said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Jim_Research said:
Whilst agreeing with various contributors that the quality of reporting on matters military is less than poor, please note that the QRH do wear green berets. This leaves the hat badge which could be our very own Rose and Laurel but could equally be the QRH's. Magnified to what is technically called BIG the original is too poor to give a clear image. BTW, are hat badges no longer 'blacked up' on ops? I ask out of idle curiosity.
hard to tell as you say, but think it looks more like ours.

Yes I am inclined (leaning over) to agree. I've done a compare with a size for size blowup QRH v Int Corps and the matching geometrics score heavily in favour of Int Corps.

So he could be:
Int Corps attached to QRH
A QRH Trooper with a shiny hat badge
An Int Coprs super person
Lost
All of the above
None of the above

or

Simply in the nearest photo to hand from the press library to fit narrative about our boys in the desert
Aaaah! I was getting around to saying this, beat me to it J-R.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Also in the article this little gem:

“The difference between Malaya and Iraq, however, is that Malaya was a classic counter-insurgency campaign but on a small scale, whereas Iraq has been a classic counter-insurgency campaign on a grand scale,” General Cooper said.

So it's the same but bigger? Or it's completely different, but bigger? Do you know what you are talking about, sir? After spending all that time as a Deputy Commanding General MNF for however long? When is that guy's pension due?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Screw_The_Nut said:
Also in the article this little gem:

“The difference between Malaya and Iraq, however, is that Malaya was a classic counter-insurgency campaign but on a small scale, whereas Iraq has been a classic counter-insurgency campaign on a grand scale,” General Cooper said.

So it's the same but bigger? Or it's completely different, but bigger? Do you know what you are talking about, sir? After spending all that time as a Deputy Commanding General MNF for however long? When is that guy's pension due?
Actually, Malaya had a lot more trees. And water.
And a proper rifle.

Is it just me or does the woman in the burka look photoshopped in?

Shamus

Old-Salt
They photoshopped in her shadow too ! All the months I spent shaping my beret, and I could never get it like that Iraqi's beret, looks a bit like subsonic's old beret!!

More imprtantly, the individual concerned will be getting the beers in for a long time when he returns. It's one thing to be 'crated' if you appear in the R&L or even the Sixth Sense, but a national broadsheet. Quite a large fine I believe...

Latest Threads