Times Journo - look out

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by boney_m, Feb 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From a pm to me:

User is: wupert

Subject is: Pay 2000 problems

Text is: Times journalist looking to interview people anonymously about this. Interested?

Firstly, no i'm not. and secondly i've posted this in the naafi to get the widest possible audience, wupert is a journo so dont be caught out.

Boney

2. The cunningly sly cnut that he/she is. Major prob with pay 2000 is that there isn't enough for us!

3. tatty, just trying to give the site the warning it deserves :) a Journo is a journo. No doubt this one is a troll as well, with multiple ID's leaching info on all sorts. Need to remember that the scum is part of the times group - Forces favourite newspaper my arrse

4. Boney M - I'm with you all the way on this one. Can't abide the warts when they seek out 'news' by scurrulous and underhand means! No probs when it comes to reporting TCH being pelted with eggs though - then I luv em.

5. Wupert has now PM'd me and claims that he is not a journalist himself (apparently he is ex-army) but he is in contact with one!

6. My Weapons of Mass Bullsh1t detector has just gone apesh1t...

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

He must have got the avatars mixed up.

But there again, since when has accuracy been of any importance to journos ?

8. Guys lets think this through rationally... if someone is a journalist... a smart one, would they identify their affliation?

The deduction is that... this one is not a journo, but a dumb ass.

9. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

For the avoidance of doubt, it's not this call sign! I'm a Torygraph reader all the way! :lol: