Times article on BLESMA work - humbling read...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jim30, Jan 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. thanks Jim - great piece of journalism for a change

2. Excellent piece of reporting.

I would rather not be a member of BLESMA but am proud that I am!

3. Outstanding and well worth reading.

4. Yes, huge and admirable courage shown by these men. It brought tears to my eyes. We should never forget that there are the wounded as well as the dead.

These honourable people will, with any luck, be with us for decades hence. Let each of us do whatever we can to help them.

5. Glad I wasn't the only one with grit in my eye. I'll have to get the mrs to clean the house.

Had to grin at the image of 4 one legged soldiers, carrying a 5th (with no legs) up the stairs to the bar (and his waiting wheel chair) :D

6. Great article,very positive reading especially the the reception the soldiers recieved from the US public.Good work BLESMA

7. Unlike the US Officials who kept the Muslim Captain for 20 minutes. The Americans wonder why people dislike them!

8. The chances that would happen in the UK would be pretty high probably. Muslim, mine damage, must be a terrorist infiltrator who happened to lose a limb fighting for HM.

9. Or

[​IMG]

Although to be fair, I don't think Abu would be welcome on a BLESMA outing, surprised they did go the whole hog, given the fact they must have known the identity of the group.

10. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

There is a name on there who is going to Spain and been a great asset in identifying others for holidays :D

11. Cow

Cow LE

I've got images of WW going down a Bob Sleigh Run! Good to hear there is some good still able to come of this.

12. He would be most welcome to attend a BLESMA event ... I would personally host him and show him the quickest way down the mountain :D