Timelines for promotion

Got a question that has probably happened to a lot of people in the past. My question is how long do you have to serve as a corporal before you are eligible for Sgt? I am on my second report as a corporal but when the board sits I will be around the 22 month point and some people say you need 2 years in rank some say it's just 2 SJARs could some please shed some light on the matter for me ?

Try asking a sergeant

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have done and that's why I have the two different answers just didn't know if there were any old RCMOs on here
Is it no longer the case, 'time spent in rank tempered with merit? in order to move upwards?

Buddy!

War Hero
I have done and that's why I have the two different answers just didn't know if there were any old RCMOs on here
It varies by cap badge. Mine is 2 years in rank, substantive. So, two years from the date of JNCO CLM Part 1 completion.

I'm trying to find out the same info but for CMT. Is it merit and qualification or is it merit, qualification and 2 years seniority?

Buddy!

War Hero
I'm trying to find out the same info but for CMT. Is it merit and qualification or is it merit, qualification and 2 years seniority?
For Cpl to Sgt?

For CMT you need to be a CMT 1, hold L2 Lit & Numeracy (pan-Army requirement) and meet the seniority cut off date (i.e. you must have received 2 SJARs in substantive rank).

Feel free to hit me with any further questions!