Timeline for Army Reserves

Hi, I'm wondering what the timeline is from handing your application in to receiving your kit/starting your training. Does anybody know roughly how long this takes?
Thank you.

Wetneck

Old-Salt
The inevitable answer will be to engage with the unit you want to join, and do so early.

Realistically, at the moment, you might be looking at 6 months to go through the official process of filling out the forms and then doing an assessment before even "properly" attending an evening at the unit and getting your kit.
Could be more but could be less.

In reality if you call the unit you want to join and have a chat with them, they'll likely let you come along and get to meet people and see what they do and how they operate quite early on.
You won't get paid for it or be stood there in uniform but they'll see you get to find out what might be useful.

Enthusiasm, interest and getting on with the people at the unit has the same benefits as it does in any unit anywhere. Show willing rather than just wanting a kit and to get paid and they'll probably bend over backwards for new recruits.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your reserve career.

The inevitable answer will be to engage with the unit you want to join, and do so early.

Realistically, at the moment, you might be looking at 6 months to go through the official process of filling out the forms and then doing an assessment before even "properly" attending an evening at the unit and getting your kit.
Could be more but could be less.

In reality if you call the unit you want to join and have a chat with them, they'll likely let you come along and get to meet people and see what they do and how they operate quite early on.
You won't get paid for it or be stood there in uniform but they'll see you get to find out what might be useful.

Enthusiasm, interest and getting on with the people at the unit has the same benefits as it does in any unit anywhere. Show willing rather than just wanting a kit and to get paid and they'll probably bend over backwards for new recruits.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your reserve career.
Thank you. You have been very helpful. I appreciate your message, wise words and I will take all what you have said on board. Thank you!

Latest Threads