Time Traveller?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cabana, Oct 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some potatoe muncher has found what he thinks is footage of a large old blokey looking lady chatting on a mobile phone in 1928.

YouTube - IMPORTANT!! TIME TRAVELLER IN CHARLIE CHAPLIN??? FROM 1928 (What do you think?)

Having watched the vid, it does seem to be someone talking on a phone or some device as I am sure they didn't have mobile phone networks then. Could she have some advanced iphone?

What do you think? Time traveller or some old fat transvestite messing about?

2. Certainly looks as if she was taking on a cell phone but she cannot be a time traveler. If she were a time traveler with a cell phone she might have brought it with her but there were no cell towers to enable a cell phone to work.

I suspect that she is an alien from another solar system using a communications device to talk to a mother ship in earth orbit. If you review the video you will note that the woman's feet are remarkably long and narrow. Perhaps the fact that she is an alien explains this.
    Of course before the invention of radar we would have no way of knowing that the mother ship was up there or know of the devices used to bring them to Earth. It may be that they established a colony here. If one looks at some of the population of California this could really explain a lot.

3. I'm with David here; look at that bloke's freakish, blank, yet intense eyes. He's clearly a Teletubby.

4. Its Captain Kirk in drag!

5. I liked some of the comments below the vid:

"She gets a better signal in 1929 than I do in 2010. Nonsense."

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Perhaps she was just scratching her ear. Good thing she wasn't scratching her arrse or poor old Paddy would think it was proof of alien anal probing.

7. "Hey Marty! Where the F8CK did I park the DeLorean again?!"

If you could go back in time why would the most you do be walkin through a movie scene on a mobile... surely theres more exciting shit you could get upto...hmmm

What sorta shit would you lot get upto if you could go back in time?

8. Maybe she was a Charlie Chaplin fan.

If I could go back in time, I would go to the Roman times and partake in all those orgies they are said to have had.

9. Start a thread, there's mileage in that.

10. Its a siemens hearing aid from 1924. One of the first electric/electronic devices. Used a carbon microphone. Google it.

11. The IS only one time-traveller, and that is the inimitable

Viz Comic

Doctor Poo

12. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Time travel's nothing new, though. For years, I've found that if I drink a good few pints of Kronenbourg it's near-instantly 0800 next morning and I've no idea how I got there.

13. Thats what has been suggested....but why is she or she speaking into it?

She/he is holding the "mobile phone" in the same manner as the fella in the picture below which is from the Siemens webpage of their historical products.

[​IMG]

14. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I'm with you on this one that Paddy is just a thick cnut that has never heard of, or seen an "EAR TRUMPET" FFS deaf people were still useing them when I was a Kid in the 50s, my Aunt Saraha, who was as deaf as a post had one

Archives ENT - Phisick Medical Antiques

15. Your aunt...was her father a dyslexic desert-lover?