time to scrap the household cavalry

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grumblegrunt, May 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

2. Woodentops and the household nags are the untouchables and will be last regiments in tbe future UK Mall Self Defence Farce.
  3. Blue uniforms? I'm sure my Action Man had a bright red jacket when he was being a Mountie....?
  4. Sounds about right.
  5. The trousers are blue, but the tunics are still red.
  6. they've been practicing in their equivalent of No 2 Dress... I'd put money on them mounting guard in their full ceremonial uniforms.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not sure you'd get much in scrap for the horses, we could ask the French after all they will have a recipe for it somewhere.
  8. You're thinking of the Butlins edition.
  9. Kings troop will go first. Useless bunch of turds anyway, they could get another unit to fire the guns a couple of times a year. Besides, I bet the Mounties do a better job of QLG than Kings troop ever did. AND I bet if the Queen asked them to be on the Trooping, they wouldn't back down because 2 horses have a bit of a runny nose.

Just to add - I notice in another part "A day in the life" Mentions bugger all about the shit pit being broken! So shoving the piss and crap from over 160 horses on to the square and in to a skip!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The're not biting
  11. The article in the Telegraph states that this is the first time that the Queen has been guarded by a non-British Civilian Force.

As I recall, the RCMP is considered to be a Regiment of Dragoons, and while this maybe the first time they have guarded her in the UK, it is certainly not the first time they have mounted guard in London, or the first time they have guarded her at all.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Says everything about the quality of the Torygraph now then!
  13. The Canadian army / peacekeeping for already has a regt of Dragoons does it not? I thought it was the Royal Canadian Dragoons, RCD. So if the RCD have don eit before - different folk, new story.
    They are (RCD) "Sister" regt to the Household Cavalry I heard. We had one of their officers posted to us in about 1996, but tragically he died of Leukemia, but another chap came over - Nuts, but good. We also had a sqn / enlarged sqn come over and pinch our vehicles for a few days to play with (and break, then fix), then when I was in Canada (BATUS) in 98, the final Med Man 6, we had RCD with us, acting as Inf.
  14. How long are the RCMP doing the Horseguards gig for? I might nip into the smoke for a look.
  15. Leave the Gee Gees alone or else. RCMP borrowed Cavalry Blacks today