Time to say Thank You Mr Atkins

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, Dec 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well written without being smulchy. How many of us serving and ex-serving, Regular and Reserve, have NOT thought exactly the same.

And their charity drive is for SSAFA an organisation which is close to all our hearts I'm sure. High profile reports like this can do us nothing but good.

2. Had started to wander away from the point with Clarkson/Sun/blokes going on leave etc. Thought I might start again in hope of letting the Monty Python-script writers play there and serious discussion here.

3. OK see your point check your PMs

4. Just looked up the poem quoted from Kipling its quite shocking how things havent changed in over a hundred years. Were only wanted when theres a war on and they'll move heaven and earth to get us to it. How many times have you been turned away from bars with the words sorry no squaddies allowed? How quickly the British public forget things like the fire strike or foot and mouth or any other dirty job weve been called in to do. I dont know about the rest of you but i sometimes begrudged working for such ungrateful barstewards.

5. ORC
    If you go back to your link, a few more people have posted comments. This one is quite good despite the political agenda of a serving councillor.
    Posted by Cllr Keith Standring on December 9, 2006 4:30 PM

Edited fr spling

6. One does not need to read past here. He agrees. He amplifies. What he does not do is state any definite plan of action. The politicians will run the wars their way - we have seen what that means. There seems to be a uniformity as to what needs to be done and what we should be looking for is a way if achieving those ends. If more helicopters are needed - get them. Get them now. No pfaffing about. I'm sure the Yanks have spares. I'm sure the Russians have spares. Buy them. We have the other NATO forces sitting on their arrses who doubtless have resources our guys could use to better effect. Take them away from them, buy them, lease them - whatever. We have seen the report given to Bush as to his options and general opinion - to me - seems it will end in West Wing lavatory. Seems B'liar doesn't think much of it. We need to draw up our own committe for change. The old Foreign office camel corps - the 50'odd guys who wrote out about what rubbish Iraq invasion would be need to drawn up something which is face saving for both sides and get us out and away.