Time To Get P*ssed Again!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Markintime, Apr 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would appear that our glorious Government has done an enormous U-Turn and scrapped the 13% Tax hike on Cider, oo arr.

I wonder what other U-turns we'll see in the lead up to the election?

U Turn this way
  2. Only because Parliament is due to be dissolved on the 12th and any increase needs to be passed before Thursday. Since this is out of the question, they've dropped the idea for now, but Labour have said they plan to go ahead with the plan if they are re-elected.
  3. Stop it, you're frightening people. ;)
  4. I frighten myself mate! :D
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

All they were planning to do was bring cider back into line with beer.

Small cider makers enjoy quite a lot of reliefs from the duty anyway.

Somehow I can't see the likes of Bulmers being too adversely affected by the proposed change - which Labour plan to reintroduce in a Finance Bill/Act in June.
  6. It was a great one to appease the anti-booze nannies. The only ones who'd be pissed off would be white lightning swilling chavs who don't vote (or live in Labour sinkholes) & scrumpy quaffing janners who all live in Lib Dem safe areas...
  7. My suggestion is they keep doing U-Turns, decreasing the radius of each rotation until they dissapear up their own hoops.