Time Team special - holy fcuk!

Your place of work my use proxy servers that are based in the USA. This can give you this error, as youtube thinks you're in America, and therfore not playing your BBC licence fee.

I get it sometimes at work when the proxys swap over.
I use an Afghan ISP....maybe they don't want to give some people ideas.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
I was amazed that it only took 25 weeks from being drawn on paper to being used in the field.
When was the last time any British industry got anything done in 25 weeks? Goes to show what you can do when you have gun to your head.

Amazingly, they do it all the time. In fact, the UOR process often works (and it does work) in considerably shorter timescales than this!

I won't say it's cheap, mind you.....................

should of saved money and come to me, i could of simulated that thing by simply lighting one of my stinking farts, i got this evil bug right now and i am sure it would of been more effective than the original weapon itself

unicycle

Old-Salt
Amazingly, they do it all the time. In fact, the UOR process often works (and it does work) in considerably shorter timescales than this!

I won't say it's cheap, mind you.....................
Fair, point but then they do have a gun to their heads, so to speak.

Are they really designing, building, testing and fielding brand new inventions in 25 weeks?

The best bit for me is the absolute SPITE behind the original concept, because he thought his family had been on the Lucitania! It takes, brains, balls and a big fuck off dose of outright RAGE to build something like that!!!
There's something very British about that sort of anger isn't there?

We sit round reading the Times and smoking our pipe until Johnny Foreigner does something beastly then we pop to the shed and appear ten minutes later with Gods own wrath in a can and a winning smile.

"Time to put you back in your place methinks"

Great program last night, could have done to be a two-parter to cover more of the other finds and the remains they found.

It always makes me chuckle when the Archaeologist gets all excited about his theory on where things "will" be according to an old map only to be dashed when it's not and then can't work out why.

Great program last night, could have done to be a two-parter to cover more of the other finds and the remains they found.
A two hour version is due for broadcast on The History Channel in November.

hey, my thread made the ARRSE newsletter ;-)

PIRA tried something similar with an agricultural slurry spreader and Borucki ( sp ?) Sangar in NI if I recall ?

Watched this the other night. Myself and the current Mrs. Gallowglass were left speechless by the demonstration....speechless that is apart from a collective "JEEEEEEEEBUS!!".....followed by "Where do we get one of those things". Even 19 month old Little Ms. Gallowglass went "Oooooooooo!"

Possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. Should be deployed on the streets of London the next time the Anarchist wannabes kick off....

Watched this the other night. Myself and the current Mrs. Gallowglass were left speechless by the demonstration....speechless that is apart from a collective "JEEEEEEEEBUS!!".....followed by "Where do we get one of those things". Even 19 month old Little Ms. Gallowglass went "Oooooooooo!"

Possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. Should be deployed on the streets of London the next time the Anarchist wannabes kick off....
That'll never happen.
Have you seen the price of diesel lately? Not to mention the Carbon Footprint that thing must have had.We haven't even started on the H+S aspects yet............

That'll never happen.
Have you seen the price of diesel lately? Not to mention the Carbon Footprint that thing must have had.We haven't even started on the H+S aspects yet............
Exactly....so just before they were to be incinerated the Anarchists/Stoodents/Black Bloc could start crying about the impact on the environment! Double whammy - aggrieved and turned into toast!

Latest Threads