Time Team special - holy fcuk!

Did anyone else catch Time Team last night? If not, grab it on 4OD, or download the HD version from usenet.

42minutes in - holy jesus! And then it just gets better! And you see hell on earth.

I thought we had fun with the nuke simulators, but this is in a totally different league. Maybe we need to bring the Levens device back; awesome A/P weapon :)

I'd never heard of it until last night. Very interesting dig... perhaps one of the best.
Even memory lane was visited as it showed the Gas Welding bays at the RSME. I used more oxygen for hangovers than I did welding.

Have to agree an interesting show. The RE did a good job building a modern version, that would keep the weeds down on many a sink estate.

I love the way the original was designed to raise itself up out of the ground to then spray the flaming diesel/kerosene mix over the enemy trenches.

We could install something similar under manholes at road junctions, keep the smackheads / chavs down.

Back to programme, amazing how good a condition the metalwork they unearthed was in.

Cheers smudger. I have it on HD anyway, but worth the 4 adverts for the show. Even if you just skip thw show, until 42minute point.

Fuck, imagine seeing that coming at you. :(
Fuck, imagine being todl you can build one :D

Have none of you ever heard of a "Crocodile" or a "Wasp" FFS

I'm not sure I like Timothy's wording? "this appalling weapon"......appalling my fucking hoop! War's war, and there's no prize for second place.

That weapon is awesome! It would really spoil your day.

Its available in HD on usenet. have a gander on nzbmatrix.com (under documentaries HD), for the nzb.

I get the same thing god dammit!
Your place of work my use proxy servers that are based in the USA. This can give you this error, as youtube thinks you're in America, and therfore not playing your BBC licence fee.

I get it sometimes at work when the proxys swap over.

In Viet Nam War some bases were protected by remotely detonated barrels of 'Foo Gas / Fou Gaz / Fu Gas' (probably from French 'fou' = crazy)

modern example of a fugas detonation:

YouTube - Foo Gas on New Year's eve
Not quite as sophisticated, or scary, as a metal head that pokes it's head out from the soil and jizzes burning fuelmix all over your grid.

It would like being on the receiving end at a bukkake party with "the human torch"

Fougasse! Nasty medieval invention!

There is just something eerily appealing, and at the same time chilling, about this contraption. The "Heath Robinson"-like overall design, the superb build quality, and that fuck-off huge rolling, spewing cloud of flame. And yeah, the almost alien way the gas causes the monitor to rise up.

Love it!

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Fougasse were (and are) used as obstacles - but even more so than mines, are intended to kill rather to deny ground (tricky to do that when they tend to be single, and hidden). Perhaps they do not really 'count' as obstacles, but I don't know what else they are classed as.TimeTeam did a programme a couple of years back on the defences around SE London desinged to kill Germans. One of these was a couple of drums of thickened fuel, some HE, and a load of rocks, buried in a bank alongside a road. A classic Fougasse, remotely detonated, it would certainly spoil your day.

Oh, and as this is the NAAFI - cockwanking fucktrumpets and weapons-grade bellends.

There is just something eerily appealing, and at the same time chilling, about this contraption. The "Heath Robinson"-like overall design, the superb build quality, and that fuck-off huge rolling, spewing cloud of flame. And yeah, the almost alien way the gas causes the monitor to rise up.

Love it!
The best bit for me is the absolute SPITE behind the original concept, because he thought his family had been on the Lucitania! It takes, brains, balls and a big fuck off dose of outright RAGE to build something like that!!!

I was amazed that it only took 25 weeks from being drawn on paper to being used in the field.
When was the last time any British industry got anything done in 25 weeks? Goes to show what you can do when you have gun to your head.