Time scale...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by r6dan, Sep 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From joining up to fully trained what is the avarage time?
  2. From what I've seen so far i would say 9 months for infantry. Six months might just be possible but it could be a year if you have any snags.

(That's "fully trained" in the sense of having completed recruit training and Combat infantry Course - there's lots more to do after that)

I was delayed by eight weeks due to medical issues. I walked through the door in February and still haven't started Phase 1 though so I think it would be fair to say that the system is bloody slow. The earliest I can hope to complete CIC is April.......

Should have been on selection for Autumn challenge this w/e but it got put back another week.....
  3. I would say in total around 8-9, maybe longer if you cannot make every training weekend or your phase two course/courses aren't coming up that often.

Edit: Beaten to the mark by Ex_Stab
  4. I heard that there was a ''fast track'' training available. Basically all the normal training but rather than every weekend they just lump it all together in one big nasty fortnight. Is this true or was I told a porky?
  5. 'tis true.
  6. 'tis it true for all phases, or 'tis it only true for one? If someone went for fast-track at all phases, how long from applying to reaching fully trained level (don't get pedantic about the TA training you for as long as you're there-you know what I mean by fully trained)?