Time scale...

r6dan said:
From joining up to fully trained what is the avarage time?
From what I've seen so far i would say 9 months for infantry. Six months might just be possible but it could be a year if you have any snags.

(That's "fully trained" in the sense of having completed recruit training and Combat infantry Course - there's lots more to do after that)

I was delayed by eight weeks due to medical issues. I walked through the door in February and still haven't started Phase 1 though so I think it would be fair to say that the system is bloody slow. The earliest I can hope to complete CIC is April.......

Should have been on selection for Autumn challenge this w/e but it got put back another week.....

I would say in total around 8-9, maybe longer if you cannot make every training weekend or your phase two course/courses aren't coming up that often.

Edit: Beaten to the mark by Ex_Stab
I heard that there was a ''fast track'' training available. Basically all the normal training but rather than every weekend they just lump it all together in one big nasty fortnight. Is this true or was I told a porky?
Hedphelym said:
'tis true.
'tis it true for all phases, or 'tis it only true for one? If someone went for fast-track at all phases, how long from applying to reaching fully trained level (don't get pedantic about the TA training you for as long as you're there-you know what I mean by fully trained)?