Time off during basic training?????

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by SKEPTIX, Jul 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering how does time off during basic training go, as in do you get weekends off as you would normally?
  2. Most nights you're allowed two or three hours sleep - that counts as time off I suppose.

Seriously; you 'might' get an hour in the NAAFI every evening, a long weekend after 5 weeks followed by free evenings and weekends depending on the requirements of the training programme (and how much you firk up).

Don't expect much free time during your first weeks of training. You won't have time to breathe.
  3. Got ya, so as a rule (sort of), no time off during the first 5 weeks and then like evenings and weekends after that?
  4. You'll be expecting to get paid as well I suppose..
  5. Time off in basic?

An oxymoron if ever there was one surely....

Only time off i had was when i was on the bog.
  6. I had a day off when my grandad died, but thats a bit severe !
  7. Is basic training just classed as the first six weeks??
  8. When i went through Pirbright (a few years ago now) we got a long weekend after week 6 (drill test 1) but we werent allowed off camp at the weekends or the evenings.

At Catterick we had most weekends off but having to be back at a certain time on Sunday etc. While we in theory had the evenings free after shining parades, swabbing parades and other various **** arounds you would be lucky if you got half an hour to nip to the naafi before it shut.
  9. Crow bag, you know when you say you werent aloud off camp at weekends and evenings are you on about during the first six weeks or even after that?
  10. you cant leave camp at any time during training apart from your long weekend, and besides which you wont have the time. Kit to prep, best Boots to do, best book to update. Get used to long hours.
  11. Wah
  12. For the first 12 weeks, of training (phase 1)
  13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

First 6 weeks you get Monday to Friday 20:00 off
    Sat & Sun you train finishing about 16:00 Sunday (might knock off early if it rains)
    After this you will get a date to attend two straight weeks where as long as you pass the running the rest you can be w4nk at (marching, kit etc) everything else
    Then a pass out and your away

You did say you were joining the TA didn't you ?

As an Aside
    RAF Basic consists of Mon - Fri 08:00 - 16:30 Friday finish 11:30
    RAF Ragiment Mon - Friday 07:30 - 17:00 Friday 15:00 due to their special status :wink:
  14. Nah Nah going for regs, going for the paras.