Time it takes for a VC to be awarded

How long does it take for the recomendation for a VC to get through the "system" and be awarded/confrimed?

Johnson Beharry was awarded his VC a year after his action, Bill Apiata 3 years, it just seems to me that 1-3 years is quite a while for a citation to be approved. Does anyone know the reason why? I know the VC isn't your ordinary type of medal, but I am just curious...

Thanks for any helpful replies,

Peter

It could take 28 years. The action for which Lieutenants Melville and Coghill won their VCs took place on 22nd January 1879. The VCs were awarded in 1907.

monkeyspanker said:
Who cares!

Politically awarded bling.
A rather arrogant assertion, on what do you base this?

Monkey spanker,
I think you will find that quite a few of us care!
If you knew your regimental history and read up on what some of the guys have done to win the VC I think you will find they saved many lives.
And as to calling it "bling" thats just silly

yeah pvt beharry only got it cause he was black :roll:
you kunt same as the leader of the bnp who implied the same thing though he was too yellow to actually say it.

I fear monkeyspanker is just a chav who wouldn't front up to a girl so doesn't understand the meaning of courage.

His comment pretty much means anything he says in the future will carry the weight of a feather.

Inadequate pikey scumbag. Fcuking bling indeed.

Monkey Spanker, this topic was not meant for you to critisize and diminish the highest gallantry award in the Commonwealth.

...and a VC being "bling"?? haha...what are you on about?

Regards,

Peter :p

londonirish said:
Idi Amin got his the moment he thought he dererved one :)
Actually, that was the "Victorious Cross"

and his CBE was "Conqueror of the British Empire"

Fat gold encrusted cunt.

Praetorian said:
londonirish said:
Idi Amin got his the moment he thought he dererved one :)
Actually, that was the "Victorious Cross"

and his CBE was "Conqueror of the British Empire"

Fat gold encrusted cunt.
How dare you insult His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE.

MONKEYSPANKER- YOU F**KING CREATURE !!! Bet your a Cadet

If a individual has done enough to earn a VC then they deserve to have it the moment the decision is made. Also i think that if you have been on ops, having to wait ages for your gong is absolutley bone, if you have earned a award or gong then you deserve to recive it in a reasonable time, it also gives you that feeling that you are valued.