Time from ADSC to Basic Training

#1
Just bit curious really...But wandering how long between ADSC people are have to wait before basic? and what people are joinng as?
 
#2
Went to ADSC on June 3rd, start basic at ITC Catterick on Sept 20th, got a B at ADSC and am going for The Rifles

tbh mate if you look at most peoples signitures on here they will have it written down below like i down
 
#3
It all depends on your job choices and open slots available.
 
#4
Surfer_Smithy said:
It all depends on your job choices and open slots available.
And now from this year it depends on your ADSC grade. Pass ADSC with either an A or a B, and if your going for infantry i've been told the wait will probaby be 2 months minimum under normal circumstances. According to my recruiter para intake is on the same date every month, if this is even true I imagine it's similar for other regiments.
 
#5
LiamP said:
And now from this year it depends on your ADSC grade. Pass ADSC with either an A or a B.
Not just yet it doesn't. Although the grading system is being set up and so that selection and job vacancies work the way you say. It's not actually being used yet.... anyone wants to correct me on that feel free to have a chat to the ADSO i had my final interview with.
It's eventually going to be as your say liamp, but not at the moment.

In the regards to time gap between passing ADSC to Phase 1 Training - I passed only wednesday and my ACA phoned me within an hour of my final interview giving me my start date for 10th January '10.

Hope That Helps
Syn :)
 
#7
synergy22 said:
LiamP said:
And now from this year it depends on your ADSC grade. Pass ADSC with either an A or a B.
Not just yet it doesn't. Although the grading system is being set up and so that selection and job vacancies work the way you say. It's not actually being used yet.... anyone wants to correct me on that feel free to have a chat to the ADSO i had my final interview with.
It's eventually going to be as your say liamp, but not at the moment.

In the regards to time gap between passing ADSC to Phase 1 Training - I passed only wednesday and my ACA phoned me within an hour of my final interview giving me my start date for 10th January '10.

Hope That Helps
Syn :)
Jan 2010!! 8O What job are you going for?
 
#8
**stares endlessly at his sig** :roll: 8)

Metalsmith bud. - from what the ADSO said...the date i'll be given will probably be around january, however if others drop out from the Metalsmith vacancies then i'll be moved up a slot.
Syn :)
 
#12
passed selection 17th march
phase 1. 6th september
 
#13
I started my application in January. Have my start date for 3rd August. But my job wait has been relatively quick. I passed ADSC 4th June so I've been pretty fortunate to get such a quick date. With many other jobs it would of been a much, much longer wait.
 
#17
Not sure if thats got much to do with it...
Purely goes on the what job your going for. Infantry regiment and general female intakes as far as i'm aware are quite regularly.... due to the fact both goto to specific places, where as SE Trades are slotted as and where theres room at ATR B or ATC P.
Just a thought - quite happy to stand corrected though..

Syn :)
 
#18
I imagine most people over 21 are in work, so have to give notice...Where majority under 21 are school leavers, College or uni grads so not tied in? Im 25 so your theory will be tested BillyOle...I reckon if pass i,ll be given March 2011 knowing my luck Lol
 
#19
synergy22 said:
LiamP said:
And now from this year it depends on your ADSC grade. Pass ADSC with either an A or a B.
Not just yet it doesn't. Although the grading system is being set up and so that selection and job vacancies work the way you say. It's not actually being used yet.... anyone wants to correct me on that feel free to have a chat to the ADSO i had my final interview with.
It's eventually going to be as your say liamp, but not at the moment.

In the regards to time gap between passing ADSC to Phase 1 Training - I passed only wednesday and my ACA phoned me within an hour of my final interview giving me my start date for 10th January '10.

Hope That Helps
Syn :)
Oh right, didn't realise that. Cheers pal.
 
#20
Lukie... said:
I imagine most people over 21 are in work, so have to give notice...Where majority under 21 are school leavers, College or uni grads so not tied in? Im 25 so your theory will be tested BillyOle...I reckon if pass i,ll be given March 2011 knowing my luck Lol
haha, yeah it's just my mate who passed on the 11th of june got a date for 2010, he's 22 and most of the lads on here that passed at a similar time seem to be going in august-september.

Bah i so hope i don't get 2010 because it'll mean i'll have to get a temporary civvy job :(
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top