Time for Tinfoil Party Hats

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Jul 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This week is the 61st anniversary of the Roswell N.M. flying saucer crash and subesquent ' cover up ' by the US authorities.. Government will neither confirm nor deny they are considering releasing' official reports/further evidence' on the incident, so no new photties of the little grey men partying with the US generals or gruesome ' autopsy/disection shots for the tabloids to exploit..

nevertheless, Roswell is gearing up for the invasion, not from outer space, but from the world's nutbars who are descending to mark the occasion..

ARRSE excursion tour, anyone? I'm sure there will be libations of Romulan Ale and legions of silver spray-painted bikini babes on hand to liven things up...[ once you stomp the overweight nerds in silver lame jumpsuits and fishbowls ]...
  2. That has potential to be a screamer! Getting leathered in some sandy place in the ARRSE end of nowhere, with a few crates of beer, some ice boxes, and some JD to hand. Oh, and a BBQ.

Get pished, laugh at the geeks, try and pull some sci-fi howlers ;)
  3. Rocketeer - I'm begging you. Please, please don't tell EthanEdwards11 about this. If you do, we will have 94 pages of dung from him and I will hold you personally responsible. I have already prepped your garden shed for demolition, should you ignore this warning.
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hoof up the road a couple of hours and see some proper space aliens. Little town called Las Vagas.
  5. Bet he didn't see you prepping it either King?

EE11 will be along shortly, those nutters can smell the word "Roswell" from 500 yards.
  6. The belief that a tin foil hat can significantly reduce the intensity of incident radio frequency (RF) radiation on the wearer's brain is not completely without a basis in scientific fact.

A well constructed tin foil enclosure would approximate a Faraday cage, reducing the amount of radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation entering from outside. A common high school physics demonstration involves placing an AM radio on tin foil, and then covering the radio with a metal bucket. This leads to a noticeable reduction in signal strength.

The efficiency of such an enclosure in blocking such radiation depends on the thickness of the tin foil, as dictated by the skin depth, the distance the radiation can propagate in a particular non-ideal conductor. For half-millimeter-thick tin foil, radiation above about 20 kHz (i.e., including both AM and FM bands) would be partially blocked.

so there!!!....personally I'm not risking it!! pass the bacofoil, I'm fashioning me a titfer!
  7. For a blonde, you don't half talk a lot of sense :love:

8. A NATURAL blonde!!! :D
  9. Oooooooer !!! :omfg:
  10. Ethan,where are you?
  11. no doubt when he appears it will be another tin foil hat, conspiracyorama involving everyone from the us government to the stonecutters
  12. So, at what point you drop your chips?

Actually, you would need to cover the antenna, not the radio. The tin foil is irrelevant. Unless it is covering the transmitting device, IE, the antenna