Time for change?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by RangiRam, Oct 9, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would seem that the brain power sic behind The [Really Large] Corps is, as we speak working on the ORBATS for new Brigaded Logistic Support Regiments to cater for the New Modern Army about to spring forth from work on Future Army Structures. Cart and horse? Perhaps we should allow the structures to be re-jigged before ploughing our own furrow? The rest of the Army might not give a hoot but it would be nice if we could get any re-org right(ish) at the first time of asking, rather than having to spend the next millenium testing and adjusting. Any one else for a re-org?

2. If it does happen, it will be expensive to re-adjust the RLC. Someone has to "sell" the new ORBAT as a good idea. As such, we need to be careful that the bean-counters don't use it as an excuse to "adjust manning" or "streamline assets to maximum efficiency."

I'm sure more functions/posts will be civilianised if it happens. Logistics are expensive and have less impact in the papers than tanks + guns when axed. For that reason I agree that the RLC should perhaps wait until after we lose some infantry regiments before offering its own neck to the block.

3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

1. Log is expensive, but how likely is it that Eddie Stobart PFI will take DROPS into a TAOR?

2. If HQRLC wants a future re-org to be less of a cake and arrse party it might wish to consider filling the various SO posts and not leaving half of them vacant for protratcted periods and rotating the others too rapidly like last time there was a doctrine change.

3. It might be an idea to communicate the changes down the chain rather than trying to do it via the Army Doctrine Manual that nobody has the time to read, or the Sustainer which misses its intended audience.

4. Possibly another idea would be put it back to what it was before! :twisted:

Fatblerk

5. Fair point. It would appear to me that a Bde Log Regt with a Tpt Sqn, Bde Sp Sqn, Div Tps Sqn and RHQ is somewhat reminicent of an Ord Bn.

6. The RLC was a damn stupid idea to start with and only had one aim, that being to save money. I left 2 years after it formed and still have memories of crusty old WO's who refused to wear the new uniform and officers who didn't have the balls to take them to task about it. The chances of you getting it back to how it was must be slim - best of luck though.

7. RLC = FANTASTIC IDEA

NEW CAP BADGE = FANTASTIC IDEA

BDE SP REGTS = FANTASTIC IDEA

TRADE AMALGAMATIONS = FANTASTIC IDEA

RESULTS = £3.97 SAVED ON BUDGET PER YEAR WHICH HAS BEEN USED TO PAY FOR THE MBE/OBE FOR THE SILLY FU&*ER WHO THOUGHT IT ALL UP

ACTUAL RESULT = YOU NOW OWE £234.16

MONEY TO BE PAID IN FULL BY THE FIRST OF THE MONTH OR SET OUT IN FIVE EASY INTEREST FREE INSTALMENTS OF £2.6 MILLION

I THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

8. No Doubt the APC will screw it up and take the payment out in a onner!

9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Praise the Lord.

God bless the RAOC...............I miss it. :(

10. Astounding!.........perhaps a GEMS idea in the making. Give the man an MBE, nay an OBE.

If it works.............CHANGE IT. :roll: