Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bow_Man, Apr 28, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some of the topics across the boards have been around for some time and have effectively become redundant ... any danger of a weed..sorry for the general G1 guff, but whilst I have broadband and the site generally downloads instantaneously, most others will not and lets face it some of the stuff on here is pretty ARRSE....
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Agree that a lot of the posts don't quite hit the quality line but I think thats what a lot of ARRSE is about.  Also believe it or not I don't think the number of posts or threads has any real impact on the site's speed.  Now that we have moved to a new server that appears to have speeded things up anyway.
    Moderators do have the facility to remove threads from their boards but I haven't seen anyone doing it (at all) so I think people enjoy browsing old guff!
  3. I know that GunnersQuadrant has removed half of Leeannes tripe out of the Gunners board as all she was doing was slagging everyone off all the time  ;D
  4. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Guilty as charged.  Sorry leeanne you did actually ask me to do that. Also i had a lot of PMs from board members asking me to do it.  My board. Site rules
  5. I see where you are coming from but so long as 'puters can cope with the size of the site then I say hang onto them.  Apart from the value of retaining evidence of the volume of posts/traffic, I found it very useful and fun to read through a lot of the older stuff when I first registered.