Time for a republic? Jokers!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by paleblue_1, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Yes - Of course, why spunk money away on feck all

2. No - WTF they are a British Tradition

3. ******* Hippie tossers

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it time for a Republic, an abolishion of the Monarchy etc etc blah blah blah.

They go on to list some of their "Supporters"

Dick Taverne - aka Baron Richard Taverne
    Roy Hattersley - aka Baron Roy Hattersley

There are probably more but they bore me, but, to my point, surely these esteemed gentlemen would have declined their honours, if they were so against the monarchy, just as another of their supporters would, Ms Honor Blackman, who declined a CBE in 2002.

Feel free to discuss in a NAFFI fashion.

Linky to our friends

Me, I just think they are a bunch of low life hippies, but then, I served Queen and Country and am a firm believer that they are an integral part of our society, culture and history, and would much prefer it if Her Maj was in control in full, rather than having these self serving hypocrites, but then, thats me.
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Fcuk them and the donkey they fcuked on the way into town. They can p1ss off if they think I am doing away with our Kraut inbreds for a cunt like 'President' Blair.

I'd be climbing up the book depository stairs with my 7.62mm and shady connections to Cubans/Russians long before that dark day fell.
  3. Bring back the guillotine I say.

We don't want this thing as king -

4. Command_doh

Is that you Smudge?
  5. Before casting your vote, cast your eyes over this;

In this day and age, with the country in dire financial shite, is this honestly the best use of limited resources?
  6. Command_doh

Drop in the ocean. The government pays more than the entire defence budget - more than £30 billion - every 3 months to service the interest payments on our massive black hole of a deficit. £24 million per annum is nothing compared to this.

Fucking Republicans....
  7. Agreed, but it is still £24 million which is unavailable for other purposes.
  8. My fat cousin has 5 kids by 5 different fathers, she has never worked and the taxpayers spends countless pounds on the fat bitches whims and wants.

Is that a drop in the ocean aswell, I know she doesnt get 1.2 million a year, entertaining her buckfast swilling pig friends ?
  9. If you think the Monarchy is expensive try a President and it's entourage. HMQ represents excellent value and I will always be her most loyal subject.

It's the NAAFI so tits, arse etc.
  10. Yep. And far a better use of limited resources than paying benefits to people like Abu bloody Hamsa (may he rot in hell) and his several wives. If we stopped all that crap we could all go on the lash with her Maj.
  11. How the fuck do you figure that?
  12. You mean an American president ?
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Fcuking waster cnuts climbing back out of their boxes are they? There's no comparison between our leaders (who sure as fcuk don't get elected by me) and serve only themselves, and the Monarchy, who still don't get voted in by me, but serve this country for their entire lives.

What's Blair doing now? Oh, that's right, making himself rich on the bullsh!t circuit - isn't serving his country now is he? Her Majesty is, and has been for at least 50 years, and will continue to do so for many years more with luck and a following breeze.

Gordon Brown? Fcuked off and left us to clear up his mess.

Wnakers, the lot of them. The Royal Family cost me £2 per annum in taxes - a not one penny of it begrudged.
  14. I recall a time in my spotty youth when I stood in front of an Officer and made myself clear, as far as I know HMQ has not relieved me of that responsibility.
  15. Sorry, I meant the "value for money" part, not "loyal subject".