Time between passing ADSC and starting basic

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ITMatt, Jun 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

I know this may be bit of a bone question, but I need to know so that I can work out when to hand in my notice to my current employer.

I passed ADSC on Wednesday of this week. When I collected my train tickets for selection two weeks back, one of the SSgt at the recruitment office went through the up and coming intake dates for my selected corp/trade - one was at the end of this month, and another started mid-July. He mentioned that it was actually possible to be on this months final intake, should I pass selection.

Now, after calling up today, it would appear that I've not yet been allocated a place and that I need to sit tight, which is understandable, and certainly acceptable. I'm just a little worried that it may get sprung on me.

So, I have few questions:

1) Does it normally take a while for a place to be allocated?
    2) Is the recruiting Sgt usually the last to know of an allocation date?
    3) What are the odds of getting on the intake at the end of this month?

Thanks for any help/advice.

2. 1) i rang about a week after passing and they give me a date.
    2) yes, he will ring you or ring him every 2 days
    3)very slim i would set your sights on end of july or beginning of august

wish you luck
  3. pm me for any advice i have all my documents and i will help you with whatever you need.
  4. Thanks for posting, booch1988.

I always thought that once you passed ADSC and gained your certificate, that you were guaranteed a job in the Army.

I would have thought that now would be a good time to hand in my notice to my employer, as I will need to work it off.

Is there anything else I could fail between passing ADSC and starting basic training?
  5. I passed ADSC on the 15th of May and I'm still waiting for my start date. I have heard that in some extreme cases, it can take up to a year to receive a start date. Be patient, they'll call.

I haven't left my current job yet, simply because I know that when I get my kit list, I'll need money to buy it.

As far as I know, you can fail the more advanced medical test in the first week of Phase 1 training (Dental, etc), but I'm not sure on that one.

Congratulations on passing. :D

6. what are you joining because soometimes it depends on the job choice, just keep your job till u get date because trust me you will have at least a 4 week wait..
  7. I'm joining the RMP's. My recruiter told me when I applied that RMP jobs tend to come rare and go fast, so it could be a long wait for me to get in, but it'll be worth it in the end.

8. yes it will be i have my date and go on the 27th of july....i only waited a week for my date but im going infantry
  9. Dont know why you have had to wait so long my mate passed at the end of jjune for rmp and is starting basic on the 27th july at pirbright u need to keep calling the army careers office mate.
  10. Maybe your mate got the last slot on that intake.
    Dont keep calling the office Your Recruiter knows at what stage your at When he has a date he will tell you.
  11. yeah im not saying like 40 times a day i mean like twice a week to see on the progress.
  12. He wont forget you if you dont call. When he knows you will know its simple as that