Time between mobilisation

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by johnjohn, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

i am aware that if i volunteer my skillz before a certain time since my last deployment i cant be compulsory mobilised and that i would need to go FTRS

is this true or am i speaking out my arrse?

also, if i am right what is the time window needed? im planning to go the end 2011, my last deployment came to an end circa May 2009

2. talking out your proverbial mate, thats nearly 2 years between mob dates. i know of at least a handfull of people who have mobbed back to back upto a certain time span, one of the lads was mob'd for nearly 2 years continually, has had a rest of a year and is just about to deploy again.

i'm sure one of the usual crowd will be along anytime soon to quote chapter and verse or refer you to your psi lol

3. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

You can now get 'Additional Periods of Mobilised Service' which allow you to mobilise again within the previously proscribed period. From last month's TAQ (my bold)

This can now be accessed via JPA.

4. And to add to that, you had to have done the full 12 months on a s54 mob before you could not be mobilised even under the old rules (although you were limited to a total of 18 months in that case.) 9 & 15 months for a s56 mob.

I'm not sure what admin rules RTMC played to but the law was there to allow it.

5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Good call! That's how I was mobilised for my second tour.

6. Well as my shortest period, so far, between end-of-POTL and re-mob was about 2 weeks (Nov 08), I get to test most of the limits (JPA has - had? - fun if you mob in the same month you finished). Mostly v short trips rather than proper tours, though.

7. thanks for that, the main reason ofr the question was the job protection/civvy pay matched

not that im a money grabbing capitalist or anything!

looks like i should be fine then

8. msr

msr LE

I hope your employer is on side, otherwise you may not have a job to come back to....

9. They are, yes.

unlike the last lot...