Time bars?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by TheCleric, Jul 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did they transition correctly from UNICOM to JPA? I shouldn't be able to NTT till Jan/Feb (can't remember the date) next year, however after checking with my units HR staff they can't find anything to say that I can't do it now.

Any ideas?
  2. Just one.

Sign off. :tongue:
  3. Do you want to sign off? If you do, try it. I'm sure the Army will let know somewhere along the line if you can't yet.
  4. Yes I do. Had enough.
  5. You can sign off 365 days prior to the end of the time bar. ie if you were time barred 5 years, you can sign on at 4.

JPA or no, you signed a bit of paper to that effect, so you are bound to a date.
  6. Someone throwing his teddy for not being promoted? :wink:
  7. Cheers.

No, I just don't enjoy it anymore.
  8. Fair one mate.
  9. TC, have you had enough of the Corpps, Armyo r the job you are in at the moment?

You could always speak to your CoC, tell thm what you are unhappy with and see if a change could do you good...

It is very easy to climb over the wall in to civvie street and then realise that it is not gold plated pavement, hot and cold running cash utopia you thought it was.

What have you had enough off?

Course, you could just tell me I´m being nosy.... and I am -.D
  10. Yeah you're probably being nosy. I'm fed up of the Green part. Just don't enjoy it anymore as above. All I want to do is get up in the morning, drive to work, do what I've been trained to do then go home. None of this drop everything, you're going on tour, oh we need you to do a duty this weekend, or you're posted to the arse end of nowhere even though you want to go somewhere else etc. Come to a point in my life where I just want to settle down in one place. Army life is not my bag anymore, been thinking long and hard for 2-3 years about this.

As for jobs on the other side, I know what I'm doing, not just doing this on a whim. CoC can't help me, trust me - I've made my mind up!
  11. Well, you seem pretty determined and set to go.

What about asking for a posting to the TA for a few years, at least till you finish your time bar. Often good contacts to civvie jobs, and stable. Also less b0110x than your average Signals unit.

Failing that there are a number of reasonable stable units to go to, where the green side is tempered by the blue jobs and civvies.

Or what about Blandford as an instructor?

Get waht you mean about being posted it is a bit of nause at times.

Failing that what about a re-badge/mount?
  12. You sound like my OC! lol

I'm dead set. Only one that can change my opinion is me mate. I've thought through every possibility.
  13. Don't forget to book an early appointment with the Resettlement Officer at your local Eduction Centre
  14. Cheers.

I've got plenty of time. Feb next year.

On a side note, is it still the case that DV vetting is relinquished upon leaving?
  15. apparently so, but its supposed to be cheaper for any prospective future employer as you wont need vetting from scratch!