Tiger Tim TV

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Fiji_Bob, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its that time of year again when Cliff Richard and the other limp wrists come out to watch this tennis cack :sleepy:

If that was not bad enough, Here I am settling down to watch this weeks episode of 20th Cent. Battlefields :plotting:

:nod: Cold Buds- Check
    :nod: Crisps- Check
    :nod: Mrs FB out of the way whaffling on the phone- check
    :nod: TV remote firmly in my possession- check

And what do I find when I turn the TV on BBC2 :omg:

:pissedoff: Fecking Tiger Fecking Tim and his sad OAP fan club cheering cos he can hit a furball over a fishing net (or not in his case).

:pissedoff: Not only did I have to wait 30mins

:pissedoff: They all have to go in, unfinished, cos they cant play in the fecking dark! all for nothing! :omg:

What is the point of digital TV if this mush can not be shunted off to one of the obscure channels so we can watch some proper TV ? :shakefist:

Ruined the whole night, beers were warm and crisps eaten by the time the prog came on and another two weeks of purgatory :pissedoff:

PS this post is not in the sports forum as Tennis is not a sport, its boring mush, who agrees?

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I agree totally. Not even the women's matches are worth watching now they wear those granny-bloomer type lycra things.

If it was entertaining, then the mixed doubles would really mean something. A foursome, rolling around nekkid, watched by spectators and tv audience, with appropriate close-ups and commentart, describing how so-and-so 'had a firm grip' or'theswing was impressive'.And, as for what use the strawberries and cream could be put to really stimulates the imagination.

3. Tennis is officially a "Girls Sport" however my requests for Ladies Changing room attendant have been turned down again for having dubious morals and if you do watch the girlies play and you see a porridge gun stain on their back panels you no OFnH was there......

4. What the feck is Tiger Tim? Tennis isn't much of a sport but then neither is football (I know I will get some grief here) its more of a stock exchange game these days.
    I do like watching the ladies doing swimming things and gymnastic things though....quality spectator sport stuff.

As for tv, I get Sky tv and I am quite disappoited with it. There seems to be nothing on but crappy yank comedies with canned laughter. Even the movie channels have been messed up....in fact Movie channel 10 is more of a documentary channel. Whats that about?

5. Bring back Kabaddi :D

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Do you have to warn everyone? Will stop me sneaking in if they know.

7. Tiger Tim? I'll bet he's just chuffed with that one. The man has second place written all over his fizzer. Tiger 'f*cking' Tim? It just doesn't have the same effect on the opposition as the name 'Tiger' Woods does in golf does it? Henman needs to quit whilst he's still.........'nearish to the top'.
    I hope Cliff sings.

8. Takishas castle is much more fun

9. Yeah. Right.

10. It is, what could be more fun then watching a bunch of japs hurt and make fools of themselves?

11. Come on Tim!

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

13. Nothing wrong with listening to the women grunt when serving, just little faster with me........

14. C'mon Tim

15. It was an exciting game, by tennis standards, but I do resent having decent telly delayed by it. Why can't they put it on in the late night slot like they do with snooker?