tiffy

He's obviously a prime candidate, talks in riddles, can't make a decision, spine made of universal joints and well greased shoulders!

Do the REME still take soldiers with HNDs/Degrees and accelerate them through the system dependent on age and experience. I know this was so many years ago, although I have not witnessed this in my time in the glorious Corp. I know they need to get value for money from Tiffys, but I truly believe that time served experience should not be disgarded. If you look at techs who recieve accelerated promotion, some handle it easily and others do not. Tiffy is the same, some handle the rank and others are found wanting.

Ignorance is not a sign of intelligence!

:shakefist:

Judging by the ones I met and meet on here, most are still found wanting.

Swamp_Rat said:
Judging by the ones I met and meet on here, most are still found wanting.
Did you fail your PAAB by any chance?????

alb said:
Do the REME still take soldiers with HNDs/Degrees and accelerate them through the system dependent on age and experience. I know this was so many years ago, although I have not witnessed this in my time in the glorious Corp. I know they need to get value for money from Tiffys, but I truly believe that time served experience should not be disgarded. If you look at techs who recieve accelerated promotion, some handle it easily and others do not. Tiffy is the same, some handle the rank and others are found wanting.

there was a lad i went through basic training with who had more qualifications than a tiffy and he was 26 at the time he gottold that he would be pushed forward. borden didnt do anything to fast track him through anything and he still had to do all the basic vm course. the reme will not help you out one iota you have to beg borrow and still everything you get. saying that i would never consider re-trading or signing of. and i am 7 nearly 8yrs down.

mattttbrooooks said:
alb said:

there was a lad i went through basic training with who had more qualifications than a tiffy and he was 26 at the time he gottold that he would be pushed forward. borden didnt do anything to fast track him through anything and he still had to do all the basic vm course. the reme will not help you out one iota you have to beg borrow and still everything you get. saying that i would never consider re-trading or signing of. and i am 7 nearly 8yrs down.
We've made progress recently - now soldiers who join with relevant civilian qualifications can make an application either to be fast-tracked on to the Class 1 course and/or to miss parts of the Class 1 course in areas where their previous qualifications make repeated training unnecessary. Seems the system is working quite well - DEME(A), MCM Div and SEME/SEAE get involved in working out how much acceleration is appropriate and then the guy can get on an earlier course and only study the parts that they need to do. Some people have been accelerated by as much as 18 months to 2 years. Good news.

mattttbrooooks said:
alb said:

You are perfectly right there. MB.When I joined up I had completed my VM civillian apprenticeship and holding C&G qualification. The best that Bordon offered me was two weeks off basic, which I told them to shove it. But after completing the course I was glad that there was no exemption. There is a need to learn the trade the REME/ARMY way.

lillybelero said:
Stoofer said:
If someones qualifications are that good, why join the Army???????????
they do there was a lad at my first unit had 9 A*'s at GCSE level and he was a crafty.
go figure
I take it that means he could just about read and write. LMAO!

there was a female Cfn VM i met a couple of years ago who had an honors in mech engineering and a masters in robotic engineering.....

good worker as well.. not so sure if she will stay in for long.

Stoofer said:
If someones qualifications are that good, why join the Army???????????
Paper qualification is not all, many of these qualified people, if they work for a hundred years may never gain the experience and exposure that the services provide. Some can be C**** with qualifications to prove it.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
It is also a fact that intelligence is often inversely proportional to common sense.

I've met degree-qualified class 2's that I wouldn't trust to sit the right way round on a toilet seat.

Had an ASM with an Engineer Regt in the late 70's who was something called a 'direct entrant'. His army number was > mine and I'd only been in for 6 years myself.