Tiffy Training oops sorry Leadership Training.

Discussion in 'REME' started by bohica, Mar 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have been informed that Tiffy training is now dead.
    All those who have chosen the artisan path no longer get a hall pass to crack on with work.
    To that end i have been tasked as an ageing Artisan to organise a Leadership day.
    It is to be nothing like a PAAB.
    My parameters are Command Tasks, Dilemma’s and discussion Groups.
    The Syndicates will be rankless with Bibs and numbers.
    Obviously nothing like a PAAB.
    Anyway sarcasm aside, Does anyone out there have some good stuff for this event, that I could use.
    All relevant help will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Gee Thanks, I see you are one of the good one. Thanks so much.

3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Dilemmas and discussion groups are a piece of piss to organise, command tasks are a different kettle of fish. The easiest option is to run the day at an establishment that is already geared up with suitable facilities (Bordon being an obvious example), if you are further north then there is a good option available in Grantham.

4. We have the added restriction of, must be our Camp. To many people to transport around. Plus the added bonus of surrounding units coming to us.

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

You'll have to get creative, then. The command task area at Bordon is obviously built for purpose, you'll have to get by with what you can rustle together. Get hold of shit loads of scaffolding poles, ammo boxes, tyres, mine tape, rope, barrels, scaffolding planks, anything you can lay your hands on. Envisage command tasks you have done, ask around for other examples, and come up with some that can be done with whatever kit you can gather together.

Get each task you come up with thoroughly trialled by a select group of SNCO colleagues before the event, though. It won't look good if your lads attempt your tasks, and complete them without even trying.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

(and, what VG said)

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Delegate - 1st lesson in command tasks. :twisted: