Tiffy trade test paper

One of my lads needs to sit his tiffy trade (VM), does anyone have old papers knocking about to give him a bit of a heads up?

Ta

Nah but I can sell you a full set of keys for the Kremlin so he can enter and photocopy until his boots are full
:highfive:

Prior to sitting my tiffy trade and maths I sat down with my son and watched Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine bumper pack videos. This focused the mind and reminded me what real life engineering was all about. On completion of the exam I had that warm feeling inside knowing that the time spent with my son was worth while. On receipt of my results my OC he told me that I had not been successful in my attempt however the supervising officer at Bordon could see I had an abudance of potential for commisioning. Ten years on and I am in charge of a large Kindergarden and often play Bob the Builder or Thomas to overcome the monotony of MATTs.

:cyclopsani:

Thanks for the helpful replies Gents. My mistake, I should've known better than to expect a constuctive answer from the REME forum.

The helpful contractors as DCEME Bordon should have some past papers you can have. There may still be a WO in the 'kremlin' who you can ask. Course design I think...

Sorry i couldn't answer before the kids :)

Alb,

Class!

As a tradesman who couldn't be a*sed with the "dark side" i appreciate the humour.

There's nothing better than receiving a pie chart from the new "Tiff" on how he's going to clear the backlog of outstanding man hours as well as placate the ECI team because he's just got a red.

Extended hours "R" us!

I became incontinent looking at the papers. Top stuff!
Joking aside I've just applied to the University of Salford to do a degree I can do stood on my head in a bucket of shite.
Got a phone call from some spotty knob head saying I had to go to Learn Direct and do Key Skills Level 2 Numeracy because I haven't got GCSE maths.
I explained that I have HNC Engineering and that the same University requires A-C grade Mathematics to get on the course ergo I have a higher level of mathematic ability than GCSE by pure virtue of the fact I have HNC Engineering.
I might as well have pulled my hoop over my head and spoken Swahili because said Spotty bloke was confused. And the confused bloke is saying yay or nay to loading me on the course?
WTF?
Make sure you get it all down on paper cos once it hits civvy street its all lost in translation.

big_s said:
Thank fcuk I didnt do my Tiffy course ALB, i didnt realise it was as hard as that. All you young tiffies out there I now respect you for all the hard effort you put in and promise to do as much to help you all as your fat old Grey Artisan. :wink:

Don't be too nice to 'em Mr Iron.

Especially those Air Techy Head ones who may be watching.

Some years ago I had close contact with a couple of Direct Entrant Arts, an Ece and a VM. Whattaphukkin embarrassment they were in an Armd Regt LAD. Someone in the REME MRO Postings Office had a fine sense of humour. Unable to read maps, operate radios, differentiate between arson elbow or get dressed in the morning. 4 Amstels and they'd be propping each other up then flaking. Helped throw one on the traditional End Ex bonfire once, which was nice. Are they still "available" today?

Just wondered, not that I'm bitter...

dickie_out_and_about said:
I explained that I have HNC Engineering and that the same University requires A-C grade Mathematics to get on the course ergo I have a higher level of mathematic ability than GCSE by pure virtue of the fact I have HNC Engineering.
I might as well have pulled my hoop over my head and spoken Swahili because said Spotty bloke was confused. And the confused bloke is saying yay or nay to loading me on the course?
Update: Common sense prevailed and they realised the HNC Eng maths was high enough.......then the muppet asked if I had my O Level English Language certificate to prove I had it!! 1984 was the last time I saw it!
Make sure you keep your certs ffs!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soldier2uk REME 13
QManWpns REME 16
msr Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4